• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. the_elder_rocker

Starter solenoid terminals get HOT!

Update- way late, I know- Cleaned all terminals, added ground strap from rocker cover bolt to firewall and - voila! Spins like a champ and cool, cool terminals!
  2. the_elder_rocker

Wheel cylinder

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/sunbeam,1967,alpine,1.7l+l4,1440554,brake+&+wheel+hub,wheel+cylinder,1952...
  3. the_elder_rocker

Clutch slave interchange

Hi Folks- Been on a long hiatus from the shop due to......circumstances. Back at it. Clutch slave is non- functioning. Bore is pitted slightly, enough to make me wary. Question here is.... Is a TR-6 slave cylinder a bolt- on replacement? Looks the same, but there is no "all the same" bin...
  4. the_elder_rocker

My Other Car Is…

"My other car is British too"
  5. the_elder_rocker

Starter solenoid terminals get HOT!

Hi folks- Been tinkering with the 67. Battery is good. Engine turns over well. It runs on squeeze gas or carb cleaner no prob. Solenoid terminals and positive cable gets smokin hot! Not too much cranking before it does. Pulled starter, bushings sloppy. Of course the bushings I ordered are not...
  6. the_elder_rocker

Is there such a thing as too many?

Hi Folks- Too many? naah- There's one answer to the "Too many? " question- Build more storage! At least the LBC's don't take up too much space. I could only get one Chevelle in the barn but got it relocated and now there's a Spitfire and a Healey 3000 in the same space! Had to build a 6 car...
  7. the_elder_rocker

1960 Series I Alpine on eBay

Bowtie? Is it a formal roofline? (Insert rimshot here.)
  8. the_elder_rocker

Strange Sound/Water Pump

Hi Folks- I like to use a 3 foot long 3/8" extension to "hear" troubles. Any solid rod will do. Just put one end to your ear and the other to the suspect area and listen for grinding, etc... just DO be careful around belts, fans, etc! Another thought-- How are your motor mounts? Any unusual...
  9. the_elder_rocker

Hi Folks- New Guy (Kind of windy)

Hi Folks- Thanks for the insights! UPDATE- No joy on brake/clutch hydraulics. One corner bled down with the vacuum pump but no more. The front brake hoses look like new but the rear is ancient! Pulled it and it's swelled shut! Surprise! Ordered rebuild kits for clutch and brake masters, clutch...
  10. the_elder_rocker

It lives! Last night I managed to get the Alpine to run on a shot of carb cleaner. Overall very promising. Oil pressure is fantastic, no cloud of blue smoke and the engine doesn't sound like a truckload of washing machines falling down a hill! Starter bushings/brushes are a bit weak, it really...
  11. the_elder_rocker

Jeepers- It's an Alpine! Now why do I have Rapier stuck in my head!? Sorry, the grey dreary weather we've had so long has drawn out all my smarts! I'll edit that so I don't look like SUCH a doofus! Too bad, Rapier is SUCH a cool word! Makes a guy want to polish the tarnish off of his swashbuckle!
  12. the_elder_rocker

Hi Folks- New to the forum here. Just bought a '67 Sunbeam Alpine. Not a bad old car, really. Body is better than I'm used to finding Little British Cars these days, mostly there. Engine turns freely, oil looks good, gas tank doesn't reek of ancient molassesgas. Tranny (Oops! I mean gender...