• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Alpi67

Need to clutch when activating overdrive?

Hello all, I have a SV Alpine with overdrive. I was wondering if I need to clutch when activating/deactivating the overdrive? I know it works with or without clutching but I was wondering if I can damage something if I do not clutch? Thanks Laurent
  2. Alpi67

Carburetor linkage for Weber conversion

Hello all, I have this S5 with a Webber carburetor upgrade. The throttle is activated by a symphony of linkage attached one to another… The gas pedal activated a lever which activates a second lever which activates a third spring return lever. It really looks home made. There is some play...
  3. Alpi67

Did series V come with OD warning light?

I have a SV with OD but do not have this pilot light. Did SV have such a light?
  4. Alpi67

SV dash removal

Hello, anyone has documentation on how to dismantle the dash on a series V in order to remove gauges for overhaul? It is so tight in there, not sure I can remove the gauges without removing the dash. Any advice?
  5. Alpi67

SV Clock positive vs negative ground

Hello all, in the market for a clock for my SV. Have identified one but not sure if it is positive or negative ground. How can I tell?
  6. Alpi67

Looking for a hood Bonnet pull handle

Hello, anybody has an original black hood bonnet pull handle, with “Bonnet” engraved for sale? It’s for a series 5 Alpine, see picture.
  7. Alpi67

Light dimmer plate on SV - Is this original?

Good morning all, anybody can tell me if this set-up is original, especially the plate on which the dimmer switch is sitting. I am trying to go as original as possible with this baby but the plate seems new (perhaps the previous owner installed an after market plate)? Were the wires exposed as...
  8. Alpi67

Radio repair

Hello, Anyone has an idea of who can repair an original Rootes radios in my SV? It turns on, pilot light comes on but no sound. Took it out connected speakers directly to the radio, still no sound. Laurent
  9. Alpi67

Door window adjustment issue.

Hello All, I am having difficulties adjusting the window on the passenger side of my Series V. The window does not come all the way down. It stops at about 1/2 inch from the bottom. The stopper screws and adjustment screws are way down and the window still stops at 1/2'' from the bottom, see...
  10. Alpi67

Door window adjustment

Hello All, I am having difficulties adjusting the window on the passenger side of my Series V. The window does not come all the way down. It stops at about 1/2 inch from the bottom. The stopper screws and adjustment screws are way down and the window still stops at 1/2'' from the bottom, see...
  11. Alpi67

Check valve on Series V fuel line, Webber carb

Hello All, Any one can suggest a brand and/or where to order a check valve (or one way valve) to avoid the fuel line from emptying? My series V Alpine is equipped with a Webber carb. It has an issue where when it is parked for a few days, it seems like the fuel line drains back to the tank. It...
  12. Alpi67

67 Alpine Series V - Leather or metal soft top cover?

Hello All, Would someone know if the original 67 Alpine had a clip on leather cover to cover the soft top when folded down or did it have that metal cover which I forgot the name (valence if I remember right)? Thank you
  13. Alpi67

Wobbling speedometer needle

Hello all, Anyone has experienced a wobbling speedometer needle issue? On my series V, the speedometer needle wobbles at all speed. Wondering if the cable or speedometer is the issue? It is pretty difficult to determine the speed when the needle moves all the time. Anyway to get the needle...
  14. Alpi67

67 Alpine horn issue

Good morning all. This is my first post :) Can anyone tell me if the horn should be functional at all time on a 67 Alpine or only when the car is running, or perhaps when the car is running and when the key is on ''accessories'' position? thanks