• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. MarkinDC

'65 Alpine w/auto. trans on eBay

It's actually not bad, and it's hard not to like red. As far as the dealer it is with, seems to be in good company. You'd still probably come out ahead than the $19K Alpine in NY state. Has clear title too, which NY state (where the $19K Alpine is listed), doesn't do them. I'd think an engine...
  2. MarkinDC

I THINK the eBay listing claimed 1000 built, but can't at ALL vouch for expertise on the lister's part. Probably hard to verify things like this...…..
  3. MarkinDC

Very interesting about the Weber and PCV, good to know. I have a deep seated phobia of stalling while at a stoplight, quite a problem when you live in town. THANKS for the opinions, all. The jury is still "out" on the auto. trans., and may remain so until I could actually test drive it, not a...
  4. MarkinDC

THANKS - the listed price definitely seems in the "Condition One (1)" category, but based on what I'm hearing on here, the car doesn't match up, I have seen listings like this in MOPARland before, they eventually come down to earth; then again I'm in no hurry at all, so we'll see. Much obliged...
  5. MarkinDC

THANKS for the comments - main info. I'm seeking is should someone pay a premium for the rare BW auto. trans., and the general concensus I'm getting from everyone is a resounding "no." Other points on the non-original carbs, PCV, door panels, gear shift cover, etc., are great to know, much...
  6. MarkinDC

I had posted something on the "general" board, and am including the current eBay listing showing the '65 with the BW automatic transmission. I like that it has been SEEMS to have been kept stock, and it SEEMS nice (not that I know much), but am curious as to what others on here think. Here's the...
  7. MarkinDC

New Member seeking advice.......

THANKS to all for the informative advice, very helpful. Good points all around. I gather that the rarity of this option (BW 35 auto) doesn't necessarily warrant a premium in an Alpine's value? I who like to keep things "factory stock" as much as practicable, and would need to "work with what...
  8. MarkinDC

New Member seeking advice.......

Good evening, and thanks for allowing me into this group. While I'm not new to the old car hobby, I'm new to nearly all things (outside of general familiarity) Sunbeam Alpine. For many years I have owned several "yank tank" MOPARS, and always held affinity for British cars in general. Last year...