• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. RevolverRob

FREE: Drivetrain Parts

BUMP. Now moving to Seattle in June. Everything listed above is now FREE. Come and get it before April 30th.
  2. RevolverRob

Last round of price drops before this stuff heads to eBay and/or the scrap yard. I've got a couple of requests for small parts to follow up on. If you need something - PM me, I'll check to see if I have it and we can work something out.
  3. RevolverRob

Pretty substantial price drops. Someone come and take this stuff out of my garage. Open to negotiations - would love for someone to come and take it ALL - will make you a good deal on it. Otherwise, if I'm forced to disassemble stuff, it's all going on eBay and the blocks are off to the...
  4. RevolverRob

Price Drops in time for Thanksgiving/Black Friday. Why buy a TV from Wal-Mart, when you can buy my Sunbeam parts instead?!
  5. RevolverRob

A quick update: If someone in the area wants to buy an engine or two we can discuss the potential for delivery within a reasonable distance of Chicago.
  6. RevolverRob

Ah good catch! I have amended the post.
  7. RevolverRob

Everything has been collected. Thanks folks!
  8. RevolverRob

Has anyone seen this ad for a 5 speed transmission for alpines...

To be clear, I'm not proposing it is a Type-9 so-to-speak. Merely that perhaps it is a Type-9 gearset fitted into a Rootes case, potentially using Rootes-type shift forks. My eyeball and measuring tape measurements would suggest it is possible to do something like that, but it would require a...
  9. RevolverRob

Has anyone seen this ad for a 5 speed transmission for alpines...

Hi folks, A bit late to the discussion. I looked at the Ebay auction for quite a while, trying to figure out what this transmission "was". After comparing a 4-speed Rootes box and a Ford T9, I believe that what this gearbox is, is a mashup of those two gearboxes. Some eyeball and quick...
  10. RevolverRob

Wheels Wider In Front Than Back

I'm almost positive Rootes engineers knew what they were doing re: track width. Track width is inversely proportional to weight transference during cornering. Narrowing the rear track width, relative to the front, allows for several things. 1) Lighter IN/LB spring rates in the front 2)...