• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

1964 MKIII GT Basket Case, VA

Someone needs this. Please give it a good home. Don't be afraid to make me an offer.
  2. M

How about a cheap replacement rad for an Alpine?

Well, what I can do is head up to my bud's shop and get true measurements. If there really is a 26" clearance, then a cheap replacement exists. If not, we can get radiators made to your dimensional requirements. The shop in question has started Miata radiator production in custom sizing to...
  3. M

I caught that dimension a little late; I'm amazed that the Sunbeam has less area to mount than a Miata. I guess the internal structure really becomes an issue because the Miata's nose is much more sloped and smaller. Then again the Miata was probably designed to hold a radiator that worked on...
  4. M

Okay, by my rough measurements (it was installed, so there's a bit of wiggle room but I tried to guess 'bigger'). Okay, as seen from the front, the radiator is 19" tall at the tallest point with rad cap installed (as measured from bumper to hood), and it is 26.5" wide (from fender to fender)...
  5. M

If you all can send me some dimensions I can check a miata radiator. You can get them on eBay for $89 and they last nearly two decades.
  6. M

One more Miata motor install

TrackDogRacing and a few others make a heat shield blanket. The routing of the intake to the header side has always been a problem, even in the Miata. If you have room to flip it over and pull it up toward the windshield on the passenger side, you'll do better; or if you can mod the intake to...
  7. M

For what it's worth, I think if you follow the properties link of the posted photos you can find more pics of the car. I took a bunch when I pulled it out of my mom's garage which shows the detail of several parts from 2 years ago before it was parked at my sister's place. I haven't seen it...
  8. M

Yes. That price is just an arbitrary price to weed out the masses of CL weirdos though.
  9. M

One more Miata motor install

Great work! Make sure that isn't a SNC (short nose crank) engine. From '89-'91.5 they had a short 'nose' on the crank where the crank pulley attaches. This, coupled with initial low crank bolt torque values would cause the pulley to start to wobble which would deform the woodruf keyway and...
  10. M

The right owner, who will take care of the car with a promise not to part it out or salvage it will find that gas to get it home might cost more than I want for the vehicle. Money isn't the issue here; the car's survival is. This is a dog you have to let go to a new home; you don't give it...
  11. M

The car has been on gravel for about half of the time it was at my relative's property, then moved to a field and under a tree. When I discovered this, I asked her to move it back up to the drive. She presumably did where it sat for a couple more months while I was trying to arrange transport...
  12. M

Unfortunately the guy who took these pics (who performed the appraisal) didn't take a photo of the data tag).
  13. M

Series III for Sale - Texas

What part of TX? I'm looking for one in the near future and live just east of Dallas.
  14. M

I have the car described in the title and am wanting to find a good home for it. Yes, it is a basket case but it is (from my limited knowledge of Sunbeam Alpines) the rarest of the rare, so may have some value in this community. Being someone who appreciates classic cars, it is important to me...