• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. londoner

Brake Master push rod

Thats great. Thanks as always
  2. londoner

Brake Master push rod

Putting a new brake master in my series 2. Can anyone tell me the purpose of the sliding sleeve and if it needs to be captured by a wider circlup which it seems to show in the workshop manual?? Many thanks
  3. londoner

Series 2 pressure plate

Great. Thanks guys!
  4. londoner

Series 2 pressure plate

I am getting ready to install my rebuilt engine in my series 2. I am installing the nos pressure plate to the flywheel. I have the bolts but also these two straps. Wondered where they go?? Could not see them in the manual? Thanks
  5. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Thanks. Would you recommend the roller type over the graphite?
  6. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Thanks Mike. Looks like I should get a new one. Where did you pick that up from?
  7. londoner

Clutch install series 2

I had a real run around trying to find a company to do the resurface of the pressure plate. The guy in long Island had a rebuilt one in stock but was around 600 with shipping. I bought one on ebay. Looks identical but was made by Quinton Hazell. Its a nos hoping it works out!! There's also a uk...
  8. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Hi Steve. Its the original. Doesn't look too bad. I'll take picture this weekend. Unfortunately I moved the car to NH but I work on Cape cod during the week. I am using the original gearbox as there's not much left in the kitty after paying for the engine. Which came out great run in and...
  9. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Thanks for the advice. Thats what I suspected. The flywheel has been done by the engine builders. I wondered if I should change out the roller bearing as well? The original carbon one is in place at the moment. Thanks again. John
  10. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Hello and Happy New Year! I finally have my original series 2 engine back from the engine builders. Before I put it back in the car I am looking for advice regarding the pressure plate. I have 2 units to choose from (see pictures) The one with the white stamp is original to the car but has some...
  11. londoner

Series 2 Headers

There is some on ebay for $160 with shipping. Would that work for you?
  12. londoner

Series 2 Headers

They look good! How much do you want for them ? All the best John
  13. londoner

Series 2 Headers

Hi. Do you have any pictures??
  14. londoner

Series 2 Headers

Thats great thanks. They are tricky to find!
  15. londoner

Series 2 Headers

Trying to find headers for my Series 2. My originals are toast. It is at the engine builders and they want to run it before giving it back. Thanks
  16. londoner

Rear tail light bulb holder for series 2 Alpine

Looking for a rear tail light bulb holder for series 2 Alpine Somehow lost one of mine in the shuffle. Thanks
  17. londoner

Series 2 wiper motor

My motor looks different to yours? My ground wire is on the dumbed cap. Think ill take it apart as you did and see what happens. Thanks for the pic and info
  18. londoner

Series 2 wiper motor

I am rewiring the car with negative ground. As far as I know the motor should run either way (I think)
  19. londoner

Series 2 wiper motor

sorry what is the best way to do that?