• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

Starter disengages too soon

With retirement and a move from Houston to N. Colorado, I have not given my Sunbeam IV much attention for a good while. Now that I have some time to drive it, I am having starter problems. The starter cranks well, but the instant the engine fires, the starter disengages the flywheel and whirs...
  2. B

Can one repair an A-arm?

An auto mechanic friend said they were not THAT bad, and convinced me to put them on the car and drive it for a while. So the suspension is back together and I am still refurbishing brakes and carbs before I can get it on the road. Really appreciate everyone's input. One of these days I will...
  3. B

Can one repair an A-arm?

I took my Series IV A-arms to a machine shop who said they could remove and replace the fulcrum bushings. The old ones were toast, so I bought a set of urethane ones from SS. I also printed all the pages from the tech manual on the proper way to brace for using the hydraulic press and handed...