• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Intake Screw on Piece

Rockonp04

Donation Time
I need some help in identifying a part number to buy. The image below shows what I need. Its the part which screws into the intake manifold. I have the Offy intake. Shout out to Kelly for the pictures.

Intake Piece.PNG
Intake Piece1.PNG

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I need some help in identifying a part number to buy. The image below shows what I need. Its the part which screws into the intake manifold. I have the Offy intake. Shout out to Kelly for the pictures.

View attachment 9916
View attachment 9917

Here is a PIC of one of myOFY 4 bbl Intakes, The piece you need is 1.5 mm threads x 22mm dia It is the upper bypass hose connection

Best to find/remove from your stock manifold.

Attachments

• 20180102_173306.jpg
    20180102_173306.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 52

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike, unless my gauge is some how wrong, it is definitely metric. This is what fits in all five of my OFY 4BBL intakes, two of which are new ones. A couple of the used ones have been boogered up by PO's because of the mis-match of bolts used that were not correct.

In the first PIC the thread gauge is metric 1.5
20171231_173835.jpg

In the 2nd PIC I am holding the "nipple" end the the top by-pass hose connects to for all of my 2.8 V6 intakes whether stock or Ofy. Notice the numbers are at 20mm.
20171231_173302.jpg

In the 3rd PIC the 1.5 threaded end is inserted into the gauge at 22mm
20171231_173209.jpg

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've been searching the web and can't find anything close to this. I find it hard to believe that ford would have such a unique part. Do you have the intake mounted yet? If not, I would carry it to the parts store to find a match.

Plus, in the pic Dan posted with the thread pitch gauge, it appears to have a taper like NPT.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rock, I found something that will be a good substitute. I have actually utilized these to make an OFY installation.

Forney item number 75116 M22 x 3/8" FNPT Screw Nipple AND 4 Season P/N 84780

The 4Season nipple is 3/4 and will fit the upper by-pass hose adequately.

Hope this helps you and others !

Attachments

• 20180403_164757.jpg
    20180403_164757.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20180403_164903.jpg
    20180403_164903.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

JMSiragusa

Gold Level Sponsor
Just installed new offy manifold. Removed the old fitting and it threads very loosely. So going to try Dan’s alternative above. Let everyone know how it works. Thank you Dan, not sure if I would have found this specific help anywhere else.

JMSiragusa

Gold Level Sponsor
Not sure if anyone else had the following experience with this fitting. The hex part butted against a curve in the casting of the Offy manifold. The contact prevented the fitting from being threaded all the way in. So a bit of filing with a hand file was needed to "square" this corner. I was able to reuse the old fitting. Below are a few pictures. The first is the squared corner, the second is with the fitting installed. I thought I would share in case anyone else has this experience.

Attachments

• IMG_2815.JPG
    IMG_2815.JPG
    249.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2820.JPG
    IMG_2820.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 29

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Mike, unless my gauge is some how wrong, it is definitely metric. This is what fits in all five of my OFY 4BBL intakes, two of which are new ones. A couple of the used ones have been boogered up by PO's because of the mis-match of bolts used that were not correct.

In the first PIC the thread gauge is metric 1.5
View attachment 9961

In the 2nd PIC I am holding the "nipple" end the the top by-pass hose connects to for all of my 2.8 V6 intakes whether stock or Ofy. Notice the numbers are at 20mm.
View attachment 9962

In the 3rd PIC the 1.5 threaded end is inserted into the gauge at 22mm
View attachment 9964
DanR
You can see that the 1.5 does not line up with those threads. The diameter is probably close but not exactly 22mm.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Don, I don't understand the description used by the Vendor? I can't get a breakout of the vendors codes?

Thread size: P x MRp
Dimension 22 x R3/4

The Home page does say Metric - Part Number VG-452971

And it looks like you have to purchase 4 each

Dan,

I had the same trouble. I posted it so if someone was curious, they could contact the vendor for clarification. I know, being a copper-nickle marine fitting, it will be costly - whether one or four. I'm surprised no one has inquired at Offenhauser about the design specs for the thread.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm surprised no one has inquired at Offenhauser about the design specs for the thread.

I took the liberty about 4 years ago.... They said metric 22mm 1.5 with the end for the top of the by-pass hose 20mm dia (3/4").

And we had a good discussion on some other threads/bolts/gaskets. design etc., etc....

Remember my POST on the 4 metric bolts to secure the bottom of the OFY to the block ? Three of the bolts are 10mm longer than the fourth needed. They can be put in the wrong position and you WILL Get a leak!!

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I took the liberty about 4 years ago.... They said metric 22mm 1.5 with the end for the top of the by-pass hose 20mm dia (3/4").

And we had a good discussion on some other threads/bolts/gaskets. design etc., etc....

Remember my POST on the 4 metric bolts to secure the bottom of the OFY to the block ? Three of the bolts are 10mm longer than the fourth needed. They can be put in the wrong position and you WILL Get a leak!!

Sorry, I stand corrected. I do recall the discussion about the four bolts, just not about this adaptor. That's not surprising, all things considered.