• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Intake Screw on Piece

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
It the by pass hose and the one I have is a straight thread how ever I'm going to replace with an stuff doesn't need to be that big any way.If you can leave it off a
V8 and just drill the thermostat for warm up that might work here also. Maybe just more s... Ya don't need.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Guys, I ran into this problem when I started the V6 Conversion Project to my '65 SIV GT BW35 ALpine.

At the time I bought a good (as advertized) Ofy 4bbl intake. It did not have the 22mm 1.5 thread 20mm dia hose end. I attempted to salvage the one in the Mutt II stock intake manifold which was very corroded.

That is when I started searching for a "new" one. After visiting all of the FORD Dealers in and around my area within 75 miles, then going to the Internet for additional searches, I did not locate one!

I even went to my Machine Buddy with hopes of having one made..... That proved to be very expensive, too much for me at the time!

Now I wish I had gone ahead with my idea of having some fabricated.

Maybe it would be worth the effort to see if there are enough guys in need of one. They do corrode and get thin after long periods whether through use or just sitting in storage.

Any ideas?

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Guys, I ran into this problem when I started the V6 Conversion Project to my '65 SIV GT BW35 ALpine.

At the time I bought a good (as advertized) Ofy 4bbl intake. It did not have the 22mm 1.5 thread 20mm dia hose end. I attempted to salvage the one in the Mutt II stock intake manifold which was very corroded.

That is when I started searching for a "new" one. After visiting all of the FORD Dealers in and around my area within 75 miles, then going to the Internet for additional searches, I did not locate one!

I even went to my Machine Buddy with hopes of having one made..... That proved to be very expensive, too much for me at the time!

Now I wish I had gone ahead with my idea of having some fabricated.

Maybe it would be worth the effort to see if there are enough guys in need of one. They do corrode and get thin after long periods whether through use or just sitting in storage.

Any ideas?

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Just tap it npt and be done with it an quit stewing over it.
what I'm doing except as I said I'm using a dash six AN hose and fittings,you might find maybe 1/2 or 3/4 NPT will do the trick

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I might have to dig out my intake, that I bought new several years ago and check it. Now where did I put it?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
That’s ok, I know it’s in the garage somewhere. With most of my other parts. Rest are in the dining room.