• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WEIGHT

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
My friend bought Don Garlicks "AA Fueler Tinker Toy II" Back round early to mid 1964. I always helped him with the chevy engines and one afternoon in Walterboro, SC he said OK Dan it's your turn.... Being a young un! And stupid, I got in and had my turn. What a wild ride!! Both Fast and Quick:) One was enough for me.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
My friend bought Don Garlicks "AA Fueler Tinker Toy II" Back round early to mid 1964. I always helped him with the chevy engines and one afternoon in Walterboro, SC he said OK Dan it's your turn.... Being a young un! And stupid, I got in and had my turn. What a wild ride!! Both Fast and Quick:) One was enough for me.
Sounds like a guy I used to work with. "No, I've had about all the fun I can handle today."

Charles Johns

Donation Time
I think what slowed me down most was jumping off a Moto Guzzi at 70 MPH on I35 and sliding 350 ft. all on concrete. No broken bones, no stitches, no hospital stay, just one big Road Rash. I took 11 days off work to heal...and my two-wheel days were over. The only time I farmed work out to a bike shop, a bolt came lose and fell between the rear caliper and wheel spoke. A locking rear wheel is a surprise at 70 on the interstate, and it slides you up onto the tank where it is very difficult to steer that close to the handle bars, as the rear tries to slide in front. One piece of concrete looked about as soft as the next, so I bailed over the bars and learned why rubber soles are not recommended. Doc said if my boots had grabbed I would probably have broken bones. The wife caught me while still under the influence of drugs in the observation area. I said "Okay, bikes are gone" but Hot Rods stay. So at least I have her on record Hot Rods are part of my life. When I began to talk about a new bike my old torn shirt and pants mysteriously appeared in my closet...butt torn away, knees ripped out, elbows on shirt missing, back of shirt ripped open. She probably has those stashed somewhere...just in case I get the urge. How did we survive to this age?