• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by VDubJD

1. V

Seeking Alpine Series II dashboard

Michael, the dash I have is flat faced with locations of the ignition switch and other gauges in places that don't work with the wiring harness I have. I'd like to make it more accurate to the series II, at least in this area. The heating controls have been giving me fits too, so I think having...
  2. V

Wow, Jerry, that looks really nice! What brand of gauges did you use? I like the design of them! - JD
  3. V

Negative Earth Components Decal

Oh, okay, sounds like you've got it handled. - Jon David
  4. V

Thank you very much, David! That looks like it could be perfect for me. - Jon David
  5. V

Negative Earth Components Decal

Hi Mike, if there is no resource for these, I could rebuild this decal and then we could figure out where to print them. Let me know if this sounds like a good idea. I would need a good close up photo of your original and dimensions as well. I'd want to make it as close to the original as...
  6. V

I have a series 3 or later dashboard in my '63 Series II currently and am looking for a correct Series II dash. The series 3 dash is in pretty good shape and I am willing to trade if that can be done, otherwise I am happy to pay cash money for a good series 2 dash. I've struggled with getting...
  7. V

67 1725 engine and 4 speed trans for sale

Gene, I am interested in at least the motor, possibly the trans too if you still have them. I'm in Portland, Oregon though, so will need to figure out how to get it from you. You said it turned over but didn't start due to no spark, does that mean you haven't heard/seen it running...
  8. V

Need help, starter spinning, not engaging

Thank you all for the feedback! Looks like I will be wrestling the starter out and checking its operation on the bench. I know that the ring gear was a bit worn, but due to budget constraints I elected not to replace it...guess I may need to bite the bullet and do it anyway.
  9. V

Need help, starter spinning, not engaging

Hi SAOCA, I am trying to figure out why my brand new starter is spinning and not engaging the flywheel. I have a '63 Series II with a 1725 + .030 and 4 speed transmission. I am in the process of reinstalling both back in the car and am having some troubles along the way, naturally. My main...
  10. V

'61 Series I parts

Sorry Erik, I must have read part of your post incorrectly. Yes $10 + 5 for shipping sounds good to me. What kind of payment do you like? - JD
  11. V

'61 Series I parts

Are the side view mirrors stock? If so, how much would you like for them and the ammeter? Thanks! - JD
  12. V

Speedometer trip reset on back of speedo?

Thank you Al! I would love to get one from you. Is there some sort of bracket that should be attached to the dashboard lower bar? I have a dash that I think is from a series 3 or later, it has a bracket to the lower right side of the steering column that I've been using to hold the choke cable...
  13. V

Hmmm, okay, I guess I need to find one of those then...do you have any idea what they look like? I will keep looking on the internet for a photo of this cable at least. Thank you for your reply! - JD
  14. V

I'm trying to figure out how the trip reset works on the speedometer I have in my '63 Series II. I was working on rewiring the dashboard recently and noticed that on the back of the speedometer, which has the correct serial number for my car, that there is a fitting that is to the side and above...
  15. V

Early Series shock conversion kit

Hi bulldurham, I am not familiar with your conversion kit. Do you have a link to a description or a place to purchase said kit? I have been wanting to do something with the suspension on my car, but haven't yet. Thank you, VDubJD