• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Nostalgia

1. Nostalgia

Considering a 1a purchase

No, nor would I :) We're going to see if we can get the car for $5-7k. At that price I could just clean it up and have a good time blasting around with it. Thanks again for the help, everyone. -Joe
  2. Nostalgia

Norm just got back to me. He says he has reliable information that the car "is no longer a genuine, factory built Sunbeam Tiger." I'm not entirely clear on what that means. Does it mean the tags and Tiger bits were taken from a busted-up Tiger and put on an Alpine? Thanks, -Joe
  3. Nostalgia

Wow, take a quick nap and I have a whole thread waiting for me! Thanks everyone :) Sorry, I mis-typed LAT as JAL. I did find the LAT catalog online, which is where I got the number 79 from. Alpineracer8, thank you for the thorough reply! I have already contacted Norm, who says he'll get...
  4. Nostalgia

Thanks Todd, I've been going through that thread and the suggested websites in it. Slowly :) Link to the pictures I have so far. -Joe
  5. Nostalgia

Greetings all! I'm the proud owner of a '78 Spitfire, and the opportunity to purchase a Tiger just fell into my lap. I am considering it, but I'm having some trouble getting a feel for what these cars are worth. I'm hoping for a bit of guidance from the fine folks here :) The car's license...