• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Mike Gulett

1. Mike Gulett

Sunbeam Alpine For Sale – California Car – The First Owner Kept It For 47 Years!

Comparing two Price Guides In response to comments about the Hagerty Price Guide and the Sports Car Market Price Guide: I have written reviews about both and also compared them to each other. For the cars I selected they both set prices that were lower than reality. The Hagerty guide gets a...
  2. Mike Gulett

Sunbeam Alpine For Sale – California Car – The First Owner Kept It For 47 Years!

Yeah, I misunderstood his comment. I have done that before.
  3. Mike Gulett

I appreciate your perspective and experince. However, I think it is useful to look to the future rather than the past. The AC Ace has appreciated in recent years driven by the appreciation of the Shelby Cobra. I spend a lot of my time in the Iso and Bizzarrini world and have seen the Iso...
  4. Mike Gulett

Hagerty get their numbers from actual sales and they have a team who gather the actual prices. I have spoken to the editor, Dave Kinney, many times about his process because I think his numbers are low compared to what I see in the market for the cars I follow closely. I wrote a critique at this...
  5. Mike Gulett

1967 Alpine values The Hagerty Price Guide lists a 1967 Alpine as follows: condition 1: $38,800 and condition 2: $24,000. Hagerty’s numbers are based on actual sales both public and private sales when they can get the data. This Alpine is valued between a condition 2 and condition 1...
  6. Mike Gulett

http://mycarquest.com/2014/05/sunbeam-alpine-for-sale-california-car-the-first-owner-kept-it-for-47-years.html