• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by malcolmmuirhead

1. M

subframe

will re use the caps and have ordered grease nipples.just wondering can i get away with installing the new fulcrum pin without the two rubber washers?.
  2. M

headlight bucket attachment

have the parts manual and there is no mention of pop rivets but mentions srew number 10 unf x 7/16 headlamp to wing [fender]x6.my series 3 also had pop rivets.
  3. M

subframe

dropped the subfame on my series 3 for restoration today and have some questions for people in the know. the shims were upside down ie the u shape was facing upwards is this the norm.the subframe wedges were badly corroded.wondered what material are they made out of as the corrosion has left a...
  4. M

Need a Brit 'Middle-Man..or Woman"

Worth trying it out tho and see how it goes.
  5. M

all sounds good to me Dennis but what if something goes wrong ie not recieving your item, obviously all based on trust then i will be Malcolm in the middle so to speak lol.
  6. M

Thinking about helping u out here but would the postage cost not be horrendous
  7. M

Alpine soundproofing

found the same when restoring my series 3 also no paint on the inside of the rear wing where the rear wheel arch makes a void and no paint at the A pillars behind the front wing.certainly does not help in the rust war!
  8. M

holbay

Hi folks, Just got the Holbay head back from the welders(corrosion around the waterways).Started to clean the block etc which was painted black.striped this back to bare metal and noticed that the blue colour of a holbay was not present on the block.all other parts are present eg twin 40s,flat...
  9. M

New to forum

Cheers Alpine Bob appreciate it :D
  10. M

New to forum

Thanks Dennis.In fact i know a friend of a friend in the next village who messes about with hot rods,can make inquiries if u like.:D
  11. M

windscreen rubber

Thanks for that.Its just that i have trial fitted the frame and seal to the body and was not happy that the seal did not follow the raised edge on the scuttle therefor thought that glueing the seal might be the answer.
  12. M

windscreen rubber

whats the best adhesive to use on the botom rubber that the windscreen frame sits on to the scuttle?
  13. M

New to forum

Aye totaly agree,dont find any series 3 at car shows in this part of the woods.
  14. M

New to forum

Restoring a series 3 and have used this forum for information in the past and thought it was about time i joined u guys.Seems to be alot more suppliers in the USA than here in Scotland.So hopefully i can get the car up and running for this time next year! regards Malky