• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Jondjohn

1. Jondjohn

Series II REAR WINDSHIELD

I need a rear windshield for my series II hard top. I’ve emailed and left messages for the aircraft company in California that allegedly makes them with zero response back. Does anyone know of any other source for these? Thanks, JD
  2. Jondjohn

Series II Dual cylinder master cylinder conversion

Thanks for info... What are some other good choices for a Tandem Master Cylinder?
  3. Jondjohn

Has anyone used the Wilwood 260-8794 Combination Tandem Master Cylinder on their Alpine? If so did it require any modifications and how did it do?
  4. Jondjohn

1962 Alpine Dual cylinder master cylinder conversion.

Hi John, Are parts still available for the F10 MC if I ever needed to rebuild it? What all is involved in converting to the F10? And how much do you want for the MC? Thanks, JD
  5. Jondjohn

I’m about to replace wheel cylinders and do a brake job and would like to switch to a dual cylinder master cylinder as well. Is there a direct replacement master cylinder I could use without having to do a lot of fabrication?
  6. Jondjohn

1962 Alpine Dual cylinder master cylinder conversion.

I’m about to replace wheel cylinders and do a brake job and would like to switch to a dual cylinder master cylinder as well. Is there a direct replacement master cylinder I could use without having to do a lot of fabrication?
  7. Jondjohn

Full synchronized

Ok... thanks for the answers, looks like I have at least one full synch trans.
  8. Jondjohn

Full synchronized

I bought a couple of Alpine transmissions this week... is there a way to identify full synchronized four speeds without breaking them open?
  9. Jondjohn

Earl alpine

I’m on it.... Thanks.
  10. Jondjohn

Still looking.... Series 3

No longer looking..... just purchased this 1962 Series II.
  11. Jondjohn

Lower front ride height

Thanks for the info but I already ordered a set from Coil Spring Specialties. JD
  12. Jondjohn

Lower front ride height

Eaton told me they didn’t have the “mandrills” for sunbeam springs. Said they have a lot of sunbeam owners call but that they didn’t have the capability to make them. Guess I got the wrong person on the phone.
  13. Jondjohn

Lower front ride height

Just found this company online that offers custom coil springs. I ordered a pair with 2” drop. Price was $268/pair. Coil Spring Specialties www.coilsprings.com
  14. Jondjohn

Lower front ride height

These two cars have the “correct” ride height that I’m looking for.