• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by jmorefi

1. J

Series 2 Ford 4.0 swap info

DanR and I had a good chat. Thanks DanR! I am still undecided on the path forward but I really want the power of the 4.0 behind the skinny pedal! I will keep you all updated.
  2. J

Well Dan, you both encouraged me and made me take a pause! Encouraged because I like a challenge. Paused because I really didn't plan on this being a multi year project! Are you working with a SOHC or an OHV 4.0? I have dealt with the FI issues and it does lead to some hair tearing! I did...
  3. J

Now I'm in for it.

It looks like we were working on the same thing today. I made a new upper steering bracket based on the original that also supports the dash. Tomorrow I will be cutting about 1.5" from the column. I have the original Series II steering box.
  4. J

Looking for some guidance here. I have a 62 Alpine that I purchased as a shell. No engine, trans or interior but, nearly rust free and very solid. I am looking for information on installing a Ford 4.0 OHV (Cologne) and a manual trans (likely a Ranger donor) into the car. I see lots of posts on...
  5. J

Just found this group and it looks like a good resource. I bought a 1962 Series II "roller". No...

Just found this group and it looks like a good resource. I bought a 1962 Series II "roller". No engine, no trans, no brakes but the car is very complete and totally rust free with original paint. I have no experience with these cars but have built a few domestic hot rods. I will keep y'all updated.