• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by jbiii52111

1. J

I'm back after 10yrs, causing more problems than fixing.

I'm back after 10yrs, causing more problems than fixing.
  2. J

Huge Inventory of Sunbeam Pars

Clutch master cylinder Hi, Does anyone have clutch master cylinder? 1963 Alpine SIII B9204370 HP35 is the part # in Sunbeam Specialties, everyone is waiting for the boat to cross the pond, and I want to take for first drive, and make local poker run and car show March 20th. Keeping...
  3. J

Tools for setting valve lash

Price 100 bucks At that price I think I'll do it the old way. Anyone want to sell used one?
  4. J

Newbe, with SIII in great condition

Hi Guy's, Used a large cable, Battery cable from Napa. I would love to adjust the valves, but have found leak in thermostat housing, yes the one part that connects to head, not cover. And those two studs going all the way through are stuckkkkk. I read through a lot of Posts, and ran...
  5. J

New rebuild, I may soon have problems!

I am at this point! Andrew, I was wondering if you would be so kind to share, or Jim, your experiences. I need motivation.:( I really need to remove it, and am at the point of taking to shop on trailer. You quoted "When I did the rebuild I did not remove the thermostat housing gizmo...
  6. J

Newbe, with SIII in great condition

Taking longer than thought Thank you for pic, I got very close with what I did lonmg time ago, now finding many things to work on; throttle linkage cooling system fuel system brakes
  7. J

Insurance on project car

Another insurance question What if your restoring it, and or moving it around to different shops? I have this very concern for the windshield in my SIII. I need to have a profissional do it, but when ever I ask, "Does your shop insurance cover orginal glass" I get considerably different...
  8. J

Throttle linkage SIII - help

Pic's are worth 1k words Hi Andrew, Thanks for the pic's, helps a lot. After looking closely at my setup, missing parts and all...I figure I can fix the plumbing on the front. Would you be so kind to take another pic of the firewall connection point? I figure easier to ask, than rattle...
  9. J

Identify my alpine

gone 4 awhile Thank you guy's. I think I may have fixed waterpump, just a little rusty. As for the engine swap, at least my search area is limited to San Fransisco. Bought in SF, and stayed in SF, even has a Shell oil change sticker back when the phone #'s were 6-5544. Wow.
  10. J

Identify my alpine

Bumber Husky drvr, Thanks for the input, not what I was hoping for, but valuable info just the same. From hwat I've read, learned, in the last couple of days, weeks I thought they only had 1592's for this model? So measure the cylinders, if and or when I tear it down is the only way...
  11. J

Identify my alpine

Date Hi guy's I was thinking May 12 1961. I know in EU they use yyyy/mm/dd sometimes? At what point can I say this is or is not the stock engine? I will wait for Paul to answer the dipstick question, it may at least tell me if it is a 1592cc. So then I can order water pump. jbiii
  12. J

Throttle linkage SIII - help

Ok, I must have done something wrong Hi Mike, First thank you for trying. They should have been an attachment to the post? Youmay need to double click or something, not sure becasue when I access my o post it shows the image'sdirectly in the post. I tool the time to create Kodak site to...
  13. J

Zenith Carb Tech Doc

Yes, plesae I have a post requesting throtle linkage info, or Pic's. I did not rebuild mine, yet, as everything on this car is in great shape, so as I'm a rookie grease monkey, my approach is don't touch it if you don't need to. But I do need to get some parts for the throttle linkage, just...
  14. J

Identify my alpine

More numbers from block Good Morning Gent's, Thank you for the feedback & questions. Ok, so now the tag makes a little more sense SAS-3-64 ( even though 63 ), probably arrived in states in 64? So yes there are #'s on the block just above starter. Of course because I just put back on the...
  15. J

Identify my alpine

Should have answered both responses Sorry Eric, Thanks for the feedback as well, thought I could answer individually. So yes it still has the original black plates. AS you can tell I'm still little perplexed as to do I have the original engine? Or an original engine just not the one...