• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by CptTom

1. C

Series V Clutch Cover

I got a complete clutch assembly including disc and cover out of Holland about 2 years ago.
  2. C

Alternator bracket

I found it necessary to remove the alternator and mouning bracket inorder to install the water pump. When the new water pump was in position I install the alternator bracket and secured the bracket while securing the water pump. Tom
  3. C

Help please new water pump

I did discuss it with Curt and he gave me the same response you received. On my first attempt, when I first ran into the problem I assumed it was something I was doing wrong during the instillation. My hands are not what they use to be, I just assume I was not aligning the pump correctly. In...
  4. C

Help please new water pump

I just experienced the same problem with a water pump I received from Curt. In order to install the new pump I had to grind the upper pump case and the offsticker for the bypass hose. Also had a problem with the upper bolt next to the bypass hose. Not enough room for a wrench or socket...
  5. C

Alternator bracket

Here you go Dan. I have a few more pictures of the bracket. Hope this helps. Tom
  6. C

Alternator bracket

Thanks for the reply. Good to know it's the proper piece and is appropriate for this engine. Tom
  7. C

Alternator bracket

I'm having a problem with my water pump and its interaction with the alternator backet . The car is a 1967 series V with the 1725 motor. Dealing with the water pump is not an issue. The mounting bracket for the alternator is not consistent with the info I have read on the forum and in the WS...
  8. C

Alternator Bracket

I'm in the process of replacing my water pump on my 1967 series V. No big deal, old pump is out I'm just waiting for delivery of the new one. The existing bracket that mounts the alternator to the engine block appears to be incorrect for this application. The bolt pattern is correct for...
  9. C

Overdrive Transmission

It is sold.
  10. C

OD Switch

The car needing the switch is a series V
  11. C

OD Switch

I'm looking for the self canceling steering column switch. Anyone have one they would like to sell or know of a source for this switch?
  12. C

Overdrive Transmission

I have fully synchronized overdrive transmission available for purchase. This transmission shifted smoothly and the OD worked properly when removed from the car. The seal on the input shaft leaks. I'm asking $ 350.00 plus shipping.
  13. C

Stromberg?

I believe I have the bottom fuel reservoir if you feel you need it.
  14. C

WTB burl wood dash

I when through my inventory and located the dash. The attached pictures don't do justice to the quality of the item. It was raining today and not a lot of sunlight to help with the quality. I did one shot with it on edge to illustrate that the dash has not warped or twisted. The SS 2016...
  15. C

WTB burl wood dash

I have a new (NOS) wood dashboard from SS. It was purchased for my Tiger but never installed. If anyone would like to buy it, let me know and I'll dig it out and provide pictures to document its condition.