• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Zenith Gasket Kits

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Anyone have a source? Stoppedby VB last night and they are out with no delivery date in sight.
Gower and Lee want $100 for two sets to my door!! REDIC!

Can't get an answer at SS.

Paul

ALPINE5GT

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Paul, SS is probably not open yet, as it is only a little after 8 here.
Are you talking about the Strombergs? If so you need the ZE-10K kits. I have a few if you can't find them, but I am confident Rick will have them.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Since you're a series 3 Paul I assume you're looking for the downdraft parts rather than the sidedraft Stromberg type. Classic Sunbeam Auto PArts lists kits for them. I also found this place that seem to indicate they can provide them.

http://www.carburetters.co.uk/repairkits.php

You might also check to see what other cars used them and see if any of their parts places might have them.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Got ahold of SS and they have the kit, but no bowl gaskets by themselves. I was forced to by $50 worth of stuff plus shipping for 2 - $5 gaskets. I am quickly being reminded why I stopped working on this money pit!!

All I want to do is check my freeking float level! :(

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I often make my own gaskets.

I buy gasket material and use punches, chisels, razors ETC.

I put a bit of gasket sealer on the casting to show me the gaskets outline, then go to town making it.

They work as well as the manufactured ones and haven't shrunk due to sitting on a shelf for 40 years.