• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

you dont see many of these

skywords

Donation Time
Am I seeing that correctly? 35,000.00 EUR wow it would have to be rare at that price! It looks to me to be just alittle off of a Rapier. It's not in that great a shape either.

Rick

65beam

Donation Time
rare beam

the venizia was built in italy and is VERY RARE! the cost to restore them isn't cheap either.ask robert jaarsma about them.plus the aluminum body complicates matters.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

Does anyone know how many were actually built? I remember seeing some photo's of a resoration on the previous forum, looked very nice but the style is not my cup of tea.

Regards, Robin.

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
I see one every day in my basement, since I am restoring one. I used to say I had 60% of the US market ,with 3 out of the 5 in the USA. Sold one last summer, it is now in Brooklyn, NY.

Vic, is that Roger Foote, who has the two of them?

In 1988 28 were know to still exist worldwide, now almost twenty years later we located 50 to still exist in some shape or form. This was mainly possible because of the internet. Together with my Dutch Venezia friends we made a new registry and have documented with pictures, etc, all of those. Even a convertible (not) original was created in Barcelona Spain. It looks good with the top down.

Robert

lemansvk

Donation Time
Robert,

Yes, that's correct. Been meaning to go down and have a look at them (and the rest of his collection), but haven't made it yet. Might do soon as he is going to collect some parts for my Vogue from the Humber club 'shed'.

Cheers, Vic

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Vic,
If you see Roger remind him he promised some pictures for the registry. Also of 3190047 we miss the Touring # and Touring # 15050 misses the Rootes#.
I know that one of them he is "Tigerizing " with a V8! Does he also plan to take the top off?
Robert

lemansvk

Donation Time
Robert,

I will certainly remind him for you - he has so many cars and projects it must be hard to keep up. If/when I go down to pick up the parts, I will collect the numbers and take some pics for you.

He told me he was going to Tigerize one, but hasn't mentioned chopping it.

Cheers, Vic

am99ey

Gold Level Sponsor
Robert
There is a Venezia running in Switzerland. Alex Straumann is a member of www.rootes.ch . The webmaster might know more about it.
I am not very activ participating on the events, but remember the beautifull Venezia, I believe a '63.
Migth be of help to complete your 'dutch' register.
cheers
Andy

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi Andy,
Thanks for your efforts, Alex Straumann and his car are known to us. Also there is one in the Geneva area.
However a silver one was sold a couple of years ago by "Old Timer Galerie" in Toffen. It is for the moment unknown to us who owns it now. If you ever find out, please let me know. Where in Switzerland are you located? I come every so often in Nieder-Uzwill, and I lived for a year near Biel.
Robert

am99ey

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi Robert

Alex's Venezia is the only one I now about and I ever touched.
If Alex does'nt kown of 'Rootes kind of metal sheet' in Switzerland, no one else knows!
I'll watch out if one crosses my way, i'll let you know. Is there a link to the 'Dutch V Register'?

See also Venezia in old forum.

The one in Geneva/Toffen I dont know about. But Geneva allways had nice cars, with it go the owners ;-)

Let me know if I can help you more than the internet can. I presume you understand german.
I am located near Baden, ~25km west of Zuerich. Give me a PN if you are in the region.
Andy