• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WTB - Engine Hood (Bonnet) Latch and Pin Parts

loose_electron

Donation Time
1963 Series 2 Alpine - Looking for both sides of the latch mechanism for the hood. Mine functions but are worn and pops open every once in a while. Want to replace both the spring loaded male part that is part of the hood, and the receiver latch that is in front of the windshield.

I suspect someone here has a set from a donor car. Hopefully a set that is not worn out. Let me know, Thanks!

Jerry

Acollin

Donation Time
I have one side attached to a rounded cornered hood. Any interest in all that is pictured. I am reluctant to separate as what is here may appeal to an end user of the hood.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 16

Acollin

Donation Time
I just now checked out of curiosity, but if I understand your request properly, all of what you are looking for is now available on eBay.

Good hunting
Andrew

loose_electron

Donation Time
Already have the male part on the hood coming. Now looking for the female latch mechanism. If I do not find, then I will take what I got and have a welder add some meat into the worn area.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes post a photo of the wear area. I have some latches (the early cars used a different one from the later ones) hopefully better than what you already have! thanks, Eric

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
There once was a hint that the male latch pin can be ground sharp again. All you need is a rotating grinding stone and a quiet minute. It worked wonders on my early car. Make sure you grind squarely from behind the upper wide part of the "mushroom"...

loose_electron

Donation Time
There once was a hint that the male latch pin can be ground sharp again. All you need is a rotating grinding stone and a quiet minute. It worked wonders on my early car. Make sure you grind squarely from behind the upper wide part of the "mushroom"...
That is a good idea. I suspect both faces at the wear point can be cleaned up. I suspect on the male pin that only one side wears, and that rotating the pin 180 degrees may do the same thing.

Will inform the group what happens as I get more into it.