1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

wiring harness

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts Wanted' started by PawPaw, Aug 4, 2022.

1. PawPaw

PawPaw Silver Level Sponsor

Does anybody have any experience with wiring harness replacement, and where to obtain. All of the old heads
    I know have said I would be better off replacing the one in my series 1.

comments please

2. 65sunbeam

65sunbeam SAOCA Membership Director Diamond Level Sponsor

What problems have you been having that lead you to think you need a new harness?

3. PawPaw

None at present, other than headlight wiring under front fenders. I was already planning to replace that because of cracked and broking insulation.

4. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane Gold Level Sponsor

I bought a Rebel harness from a member here who goes by sunalp. As soon as I get my car back, installing it will be among the first things I do.

5. jumpinjan

jumpinjan Bronze Level Sponsor

6. Alpine Addict

Alpine Addict Platinum Donor Platinum Level Sponsor

I have a new wiring harness for a series 2.

7. PawPaw

price? and location. Haven't pulled old out as yet. Getting a lot of suggestions on restoration directions.
    would rather have a harness for a generator and a harness that is not generic.

thanks for response

8. Alpine 1789

Alpine 1789 SAOCA President Diamond Level Sponsor

You should first decide if you want to stay stock or go with a more modern alternative. If completely stock, British Wiring is a good source. If you want almost stock, I don't imagine there are too many differences between SI and SII, but you could look at the wiring diagrams to get a feel for how they differ. If you want to go with something modern with relays and multiple fuses and designed for an Alpine, then your best (only?) bet is the Rebel Harness from Steve. Here is a good start for learning more about his harness: https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/new-redesigned-rebel-wiring-harness.28203/

Paul A likes this.
  9. BEpine

BEpine Gold Level Sponsor

I bought the Rebel harness from Steve, (Sunalp), and it is of great quality. Fuses and relays for everything, and install instructions.
    Priced less than the British Wiring, harness too. You will need to put on your own bullet and spade connectors and follow a wiring diagram.

Paul A likes this.