• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wire harness replacement

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here's link to the Series 2 wiring diagram
s2_diagram.pdf (sunbeamalpine.org)

I do not see a "horn solenoid" in the diagram. Not sure what you mean by "horn solenoid". Iam not aware of any Alpines having any sort of solenoid or relay for the horns. The horns are operated by direct action of the horn ring on the steering wheel. Some of us owners have added a horn relay to make horn operation more reliable., but I would not expect a replacement harness to have such wires.

Aldave

Donation Time
With a few hours of tracing, I was able to match wire colours I have with a few schematics, and voila, everything works! It was a factory horn relay i could not place. Took alot of head scratching, but it is where it is supposed to be in the new harness. wiper motor draws alot so it is getting its own fused power line direct off of extra solenoid tab. Other than that, Thanks for the help. Bleeding the clutch, and going for a spin. Aldave.