• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Winter top down drive today

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
Put the top down today and took a 2 hour drive north and west of farm. It was sunny and 58 degrees, but even with medium coats and caps it was a bit cool at highway speeds. Saw some interesting sights, including three or four large and very elaborate ranch places, including a big Land and Cattle operation with nice grounds and a big house with white columns reminiscent of the ranch house in the movie Giant. No pix though as the wife was too bundled up to manage the camera without stopping.
Interesting that with though we have driven these roads many times, we always seem to find a new route and new sights.
Mostly just purring along in 4th or 5th at 50 or 60, but did have a couple of opportunities to make a quick run up through the gears and hear the V6 pipes rap; loving that engine set up. I have just over 1000 miles on the engine now and it is well behaved. The choke on the Holley 4 bbl works like a charm now that I took a fine file to a couple barely detectable casting slag or dross spots that were causing the choke plate to resist opening as the engine warmed. :)

Last edited:

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Lucky you

Hope you enjoyed it.

I drove my snow blower with no top on it today, a balmy -10F. Trades?