• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windshield

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Has anyone purchased a new Series, III, IV, or V windshield lately. If so, where ? and cost? Please.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
As far as I know new ones at the moment are NLA. However I have heard, from a good source,
that SS may have them in the fairly near future.

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Not interested in used. I knew that SS is planning to manufacture, but they said this a year ago. I also know that you can purchase from European countries for 'mucho' bucks and shipping. I 've also contacted Pilkington and they seem to have no plans. Mine is still serviceable but it's strange to me that our parts houses as well as auto-glass outfits don't stock windshields for our cars. And VB's buyer, Moss, still has not unloaded all that they purchased from VB.

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Not interested in used. I knew that SS is planning to manufacture, but they said this a year ago. I also know that you can purchase from European countries for 'mucho' bucks and shipping. I 've also contacted Pilkington and they seem to have no plans. Mine is still serviceable but it's strange to me that our parts houses as well as auto-glass outfits don't stock windshields for our cars. And VB's buyer, Moss, still has not unloaded all that they purchased from VB.

Supply is still being affected by COVID. I know Rick at SS had a hell of a time getting product from England. Alpine specific stuff like windshields are only going to get harder to acquire over time, not easier. The cost of small runs of these are at ‘Alpine project car’ prices (last I heard it was north of $700 + Shipping ).

If any place has them in stock it’s going to be overseas.

If you can score a new one, you might want to consider buying 2.

Last edited:

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
I bought a HEATED one from Ricky Evans Motorsport in the UK and it was significantly cheaper than some of the suppliers were listing standard windscreens at! On a damp day the heated windscreen is great as there is no misting and it clears the screen in seconds. SunbeamCarParts.co.uk also sell them.
Tim R

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Plus he also offers a normal laminated windscreen for even less money. Up to preferences...

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
I contacted them, 370 pounds to ship to Toronto plus the unheated windscreen at 170 pounds. No saving in buying two, as they do not want to combine in one shipping package due to possible damage and higher costs- told me 800 pounds to ship two together. I imagine it would be cheaper to fly over and pick them up!

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Forgive me if I'm wrong but is not the glass the same in all the series just the frame difference between S2 and the later series?

While looking for for a good used screen recently, I contacted Aircraft Windshield in SoCal. They can do up a mold for $650, after which the screen would be $475. Coating included. Note from AWC (We use cast acrylic for our parts and the hard coating is called Tech 2000)

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
I ordered a spare windshield today. Also some stuff for my TD. Guy was very helpful and knowledgable. He said they'd had a remarkable response for the windshields, and looked at remaining stock....fifteen left. I'd order soon or you may regret it.