• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windshield to door sealing

SRQJeff

Bronze Level Sponsor
Greetings. I've been out of state and off my restoration project since last June, so I forget exactly what I was doing, where I put everything, and what things are. Please help if you can. I recall that I was trying to figure out how to install the rubber seals between the windshield and door parts. First question: on the first photo, do I just trim off the lower windshield-to-body seal flush with the stainless steel trim, or does something else happen to the extra? Second: both of these types of rubber seal look like the right material, but I can't figure out what the V-shaped ones are for. Anyone know? I figure I probably use the straight ones on the rain gutter area. Have no clue as to where the V-shaped ones go, though. Thanks for any light you can shed.

Attachments

• weatherstrip.jpg
    weatherstrip.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 81
  • seals.jpg
    seals.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 85

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm pretty sure the "L" shaped piece in the second PIC is identified as "WS53" Windshield Frame to Door Wing in Sunbeam Specialties Catalog.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Yes, the L one runs down the side of the windshield, and along to door opening, and I believe the open side goes outward, towards the quarter window. The straight one goes along the top of the window where it meets the hardtop.

I don't recall that the rubber I got from SS many years ago needed cutting. But it does fit flush.

Last edited:

ziebellski

Donation Time
Jeff,
My SS windshield frame-to-body seal was very long and needed trimming too. I cut it longer to allow for shrinkage, however, I haven't fitted the seal between the windshield and the door 'vent' window yet, so it might need to be trimmed again.

Todd