• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windshield Supplier

JSLoeffl

Gold Level Sponsor
Does anyone know a source for new Series V windshields? Appears Pilkington no longer has a classic car department selling windshields. Must be a dealer or distributor to even get any information from them now??
Joey

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
sunbeamalpineandtigerspares.com are based in the UK. They have heated windscreens available at virtually the same price as the standard ones. Well worth fitting. There is no more wiping the inside of the screen when it gets misty on cold mornings!

Tim R

JSLoeffl

Gold Level Sponsor
sunbeamalpineandtigerspares.com are based in the UK. They have heated windscreens available at virtually the same price as the standard ones. Well worth fitting. There is no more wiping the inside of the screen when it gets misty on cold mornings!

Tim R

Thanks for the reply.
Do you know if there are any issues with the thickness of the glass? I have heard some vendors use thinner glass then what was OEM!
Joey L

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Joey,

It fits directly into a standard rubber windscreen seal and seals perfectly to it so it must be more or less the same thickness. The heated element is virtually invisible but as soon as you get a damp or foggy day when the screen normally mists up, you turn it on and within a minute it is completely clear.

Tim R

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
What does one of the heated windscreens cost and will they ship them to the US? (UK Pounds is OK)
Thanks!
Steve

JSLoeffl

Gold Level Sponsor
Windscreen & Fittings (sunbeamalpinetigerspares.co.uk)
Clear windscreen 205 Sterling Pound or Clear/Heated 295 Sterling Pound (VAT not included). Website link above. I sent them an e-mail to get an estimate on shipping and insurance charges to North Dakota. No answer yet as I sent it late Friday.
Got a quote from Rootes Parts Service in Holland: Clear windscreen 325 euro + 45 euro packing & wood crate + 249 euro shipping to USA (secure & insured)= total of 619 euro or about $750 US Ouch!!

alpine_64

Donation Time
For OS windscreen purchsse the best way is a group buy as the price of shipping and crating them up doesnt change much from 1-8 ... So a group buy makes them a lot better proposition

JSLoeffl

Gold Level Sponsor
Update on reply from SunbeamAlpineTigerSpares in the UK does not have the packing facilities to ship outside of the UK.

greencarmark

Silver Level Sponsor
I just bought a windscreen for my recently acquired 67 SV at Ricky Evans Motor Sport in England. The windscreen was ‎ £170 with shipping to Oklahoma at £298. Looks to be the same thickness but haven't measured. Easy to work with and 7 day turnaround. Well boxed.

BeamTom

Gold Level Sponsor
I just received a windscreen from Ricky Evans Motorsport in England. As stated from greencarmark, it arrived very well packaged and in one piece in Renton Washington.
I'm glad I saw this post, thank you. I was about to just tape my windshield together. I could not find a new or used one anywhere.

I paid approx. $576.00 US + approx. $35.00 US shipping. Total cost was $603.00 US. The thickness of the old windscreen is approx.
0.2790, and the new one is approx. 0.2545. not too much difference. Dan from Ricky Evans said he can make more if needed but may need a little time.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
FYI, I am one of the people who bought a windscreen that was thinner. I don't now if BeamTom's difference is the same difference (.025"). I recall I did not notice it at first. But once I was inspecting them for the problem, it was visible to my eye. I don't know that I'd see .025" difference.

And it is a problem. The thinner one would not fit without trimming the stainless. So it all depends on how much you want to preserve the stainless in its exact original form.

This was about 20 years ago. I have no idea if that supply was replaced by better ones. At the time, I was told there was only one manufacturer out of South Africa I think, and no one had any idea if or when another manufacturer would make them.