• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windscreens for SI-II (Pilkington windscreens)

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I just ordered two windscreens for about $360 each and pickup is at the Pilkington warehouse in Columbus OH. I checked about the SV & Tiger windscreens and no joy...unless they get an order for 50each!!
Jan

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
The price has really jumped, Jan. Put a new Pilkington in my S-II a few years ago for $ 150.00 +/- .
There is a new thermoplastic co. in town that I am going to talk w/ about the possibility of making some lexan
windows for both style hardtops. Will post anything interesting I find out.

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
I would have thought by now that Moss had sifted through the VB inventory and had checked on the windshield supply. But no....and there are still no plans to get into the Sunbeam business, even though they "promised". Lack of windshields is going to be a major problem for us.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I changed my mind to get just one windscreen because they said their inventory has a good stock of the early ones.
Total is $410 for one, to include a $50 packaging fee...even though I'll pick it up at will-call.
Jan

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Rip off compared to what VB charged. And they made their percentage off of what they charged.