• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windscreen plus glass

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Could anyone hazard a guess as to what series windscreen this is or what series cars will it fit? Thanks

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ops, I guess it would help if I provided the pictures.

Attachments

• tmp_vehiclead_6063dc11c2658_44eb782db328651fc3ff712ebc8b75dffe19ec04.jpeg
    tmp_vehiclead_6063dc11c2658_44eb782db328651fc3ff712ebc8b75dffe19ec04.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 40
  • tmp_vehiclead_6063dc147bb25_f1e2d8cbfc61c270ca2ec816ff51316e74de3271.jpeg
    tmp_vehiclead_6063dc147bb25_f1e2d8cbfc61c270ca2ec816ff51316e74de3271.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 40

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks. If anyone needs a S2 frame and screen let me know I will provide the link to the person selling it for $200US.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am not questioning your claim, but what identifies it as an early windscreen?
It's a brass frame that is chrome plated as opposed to later screens that are steel with the stainless over it. Also the position that it
bolts to the car won't allow the door quarter windows on later cars.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I am not questioning your claim, but what identifies it as an early windscreen?
The early frames are solid brass mase of 4 parts screwed together and have a different screen profile to the s3 onward.

Series I and Series II use the same glass and the top amd bottom rails but the sides are different. The series I the vertical side parts are striaght.. The series II there is a kink at the base of the A pillar for the revised window guides.

You CAN fit si and ii frames between cars.. But you must also change the window guides.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Just to make you aware: SI and SII window guides can not be easily exchanged, because the latter ones require an additional steel latch extension on the doors. They carry a square caged nut and provide necessary fixation point by screw for the longer SII window supports. Of course the SI can be modified accordingly, but it's not that easy...