• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

windscreen install problem ,HELP!!

Gene Beckstead

Donation Time
I put a new dash pad on and reinstalled the windscreen,now the top edge of the wing window just clips the top edge of the windscreen on both sides. What adjustments are there? Or do I have to trim the front edge of the dash pad back to let the windscreen tip forward?

Last edited:

RHFG

Donation Time
I've had this problem also, I loosened off the rear bolts and tightened down the front ones. I had installed a new windscreen and bottom rubber at the same time and didn't realize just how much crush it takes. Putting the stainless trim back can be a bit of a mission, I found I needed to loosen the bolts to install it, then I loaded up the rubbers with windscreen sealant and pulled down the screen, doing the front first.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
There is a way to over come the adjustment problem.... it's called Windshield Angle Adjustment Nuts.

I used them effectively on my '67 SV.

You can obtain them from Sunbeam Specialtists (SS)

AND there is a Sunbeam Tiger TECHNICAL TIPS dated October 2000 that details the "How to"...

Give it a try:D

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
SUNBEAM Specialties, Inc. -765-A E. McGlincy Ln, Campbell CA 95008 408 371-1642

http://www. WWW.ROOTES.COM

The location is Page 20

WINDSHIELD POST UP OR DOWN ADJ. NUTS, S.III-V, TIGER, PAIR
WS58

agmason54

Donation Time
Beamers,
Dan R has the best solution. The factory used rubber wedges for shims which takes a lot of trial and error since the frame has to come off to install one(or two) per side... I have never seen the adjusters but have played the rubber wedge game. I would buy the adjusters in a heartbeat!
Al

Gene Beckstead

Donation Time
Thanks for the pointers guys.

I would like to say thanks for all the pointers on my windscreen problem !!! I used a little bit of shims(wedges) and retighting of the bolts and presto everything lines up great.Again thanks.