• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Window Winder Handle

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

I recently purchased a single window winder handle off Ebay and on closer inspection found that the knobs on the winder handle were different. What I found was that I had the two different sizes on my Alpine and the one that I bought gave me a matching pair. My question is which ones are correct for the Alpine Series IV :confused: . I have the two photo's attached.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
My Series V has the long knob (on left). B395012603 built 11/21-11/25 1966.
They both match.:D Don't know if that helps, but here it is anyway.

Tom J

Ever Challanging Series V

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I thought it may have been the later Alpines/Tigers that had these longer winder knobs.

Regards, Robin.

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Once-upon-a-time someone replaced the ones on my SII with some odd looking ones with holes in them. I don't suppose anyone has some spare SII ones or even any Alpine type for that matter?

64beam

Donation Time
Once-upon-a-time someone replaced the ones on my SII with some odd looking ones with holes in them. I don't suppose anyone has some spare SII ones or even any Alpine type for that matter?

Hi Dave,

On Ebay at the moment there is a set of window winders and inner door handles. Have a look under 'Sunbeam Alpine' and you will see them there. No one has bid on them yet.

Regards, Robin.