• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wilmington, NC Show for 2014

dmich2

Donation Time
The Wilmington "Brits At The Beach" car show dates are out for the 2014 event. The British Motor Club of the Cape Fear does a great job with this event and we had over 100 cars last year.

The Sunbeam showing was the biggest they had attend in years with 5 Alpines and 3 Tigers. I'd like to "Invade" this show with even a larger number this year. Wilmington is a great "little" town and offers numerous activities and attractions, with the beach, golf, restaurants, etc.

Below is the registration info and last year's Forum posts with pictures. More to follow.

http://www.bmccf.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/BMCCF_2014_Registration.pdf

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20213

Dennis

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for posting that info Dennis. I see that again they group the Alpines and Tigers (and all other Rootes cars) in one class for judging. Can you get several classes for us? They can use last year's car count as a benchmark to establish classes. Eric

dmich2

Donation Time
I will ask Eric. I can see them having the possibility of at least 3 Alpines and 3 Tigers ( the number per class most organizers like for judging purposes ), but I don't see other Rootes, but I've been wrong before, getting that many.

Anyway, I'll ask. It would help it those even thinking about coming let me know as it will help my case.

BTW. If you recall, at last years event they didn't have food vendors and restrooms were a little bit of a hike. After the survey, I believe the BMCCF is going to make arrangements to address both issues. I'm bringing a bucket of Popeyes chicken, ( spicy ), red beans and rice and ice tea. YEEEEEEE HAWWWWW

Dennis

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not sure at this point, but I want to come and USC has an open date that weekend. I'll pre-register if nothing else it will help set a class for us.

Cheers,

dmich2

Donation Time
Just wanted to pass on an adjustment the BMCCF has made in class designations for this upcoming show. Due to last years great attendance of Alpines and Tigers, the club will have both models judged in separate classes. Alpines will be class 16 and Tigers 16A

Be sure to make that distinction on your registration forms. ( Now, if we could only get those damn darksiders separated from the purists....:mad: )

Dennis