• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wilmington, NC British Show

dmich2

Donation Time
The British car club here in Wilmington, BMCCF, is holding their annual event. It's usually a great gathering but we don't get many Sunbeams ( in fact you'll notice on the flyer they are not listed. It "takes 3 to Tango" and we haven't had that number for awhile. So we are lumped in the "Foreign-Not Covered" class. ) It would sure be nice to make a better showing this year.

The date is earlier, good thing, Sept 14. I've attached the flyer. Wilmington is a great town. Lots of Restaurants, sites, attractions. Perhaps we might "Invade" this event some year. Hope you can make it.

http://www.bmccf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/BCCCF_Car_Show_Brochure_2013_V2.pdf

Dennis

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Dennis-if we get 3 Sunbeams pre- registered will there be a Sunbeam class?
And why not "Invade" this show this year? All it takes is to spread the word!
Eric

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I've been looking for an excuse to get back to Wilmington. For the uninitiated, Wilmington is a great, historic, riverside town, and Wrightsville is a lovely beach.

Perhaps I'll have to talk the wife into letting me put this on our schedule.

dmich2

Donation Time
Two Invasions in one year!?!?!?!?!? :D Sounds like a plan. I emailed the organizer to see if we get more than 3 they'll give us our own class.

We might be on to something.

Dennis

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
So now we have 4 Sunbeams at the show-do we get a Sunbeam Class??
Eric

dmich2

Donation Time
Great news folks. I've pasted the reply from the Wilmington British Club. If you can come, please register asap. As indicated in the email the forms are on their site. As she says at the end, SHE LOOKS FORWARD TO THE INVASION. Let's show them we really know how to gather for a meet!!!!

Dennis, Thanks so much for your interest and the interest of the Sunbeam lovers. We would love to have you folks attend! As you said, the more the merrier.

We will create a class for Sunbeams if we get 3 paid pre-registrations by August 15th. We need some time to produce the signs, print the ballots, adding the class, and to produce the trophies.

Please ask your folks to visit www.bmccf.org where they can download the registration form and where other information will be posted. If you need me to send you hard-copy registration forms, let me know.

I look forward to the Invasion. Take care and drive safe. Pam McMahon

So far I have Bulldurham , Eric and Stephen. Sam? Todd? Atlanta boys and girls? Bob? George?

Dennis

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I've been looking for an excuse to get back to Wilmington. For the uninitiated, Wilmington is a great, historic, riverside town, and Wrightsville is a lovely beach.

Perhaps I'll have to talk the wife into letting me put this on our schedule.

Well what's the word, I may be able to make this show if I've got someone to drive up with.

Tom j

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Well what's the word, I may be able to make this show if I've got someone to drive up with.

Tom j

The wife says we're a-go (Though I'm not sure she's thought through the seven hours in the Sunbeam factor). Hopefully my overdrive will be in and broken in by then, because I'm not convinced I could make it otherwise. And I'll have to install some sort of radio. Hmmm. I'd better get to the garage.

We're looking at a Thursday or Friday departure with a Sunday return. But I'll have to talk things over further with the wife to see if her schedule truly permits (and her body can take the seats for that long).

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Any guys going stag that want to share a room I plan on being there Fri afternoon drive home after the show or head north to Richmond for show there

Stephen