• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Who can help me defining the following parts?

mikephillips

Donation Time
Bottom one appears to be the line from the r/h side of the block to feed the oil pressure gauge. Look for a threaded hole or fitting about the middle of the oil gallery running just above the bottom of the block. Clip on it goes over one of the bellhousing to block bolts. Next one up is the coolant drain for the block, l/h side about the middle 3-4 inches up from the bottom. Top row left side, the 2 matching bits look like the parts on the bottom of the later seats that the spring for the seat back hook over. Do you have seats with adjustable backs??

The others I can't see well enough to guess at.

And since you're not a native english speaker, the word identify would be more accurate to use than defining is.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Parts Identification

Top row second parts are supposed to be covered with plastic or rubber and are the end pieces for a Seried II dash pad. They attach with two screws.

The others, besides those identified, I do not know what they are for.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Top row- second w/ the rounded L shaped pieces; fit on each end of the dash roll at the door. I have 2 of the same and can't remember exactly how they are oriented to the end of dash pad, but obviously they attach w/ screws.
Items beside at right looks like bumper spacers that fit between the bumper and bracket.
Items to the right appear to be water diverter that attach to the sill [bottom door opening] up next to the a-post. You should be able to find the screw holes for them unless they have been filled .
A larger picture would be helpful if you have one.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Identifying Parts

Is there any chance the Forum could open another TOPIC or THREAD STARTER called "What is this Part" or "What are these Parts"? I'm sure many of us have a box of parts (I know I do) that need identifying or else they just sit in that box forever. Since none of us like to throw parts away, I believe a thread that can help us figure out what we have would be very helpful. What say you?

Rick Guest

1960 Series I
1967 Series V

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Rick, sounds like a good idea for the parts ID thread. (Of course, actual "permission" isn't needed...)
You should go for it... Just head to, probably, "Stock Alpine" and click on the start new thread button. Your proposed titles sound fine. There are many new forum members with cars that are "new to them". It should be interesting.

Remember to go back and edit your first post in the thread to add pics... otherwise they won't "take".

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ken, I think he may be saying that there needs to be a whole section? Like as in parallel to "Factory Original". I'm not sure if we get enough questions to warrant that?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not sure which the Section or the Thread would take up more data space (if at all)?

I like the idea of going direct to a Section for identification.

I have had a lot of parts where I was not sure what they were! Still learning!

I am now trying to learn the method of uploading a picture of a part(s) that I do not know and/or am interesting in purchasing form Club Members.

You Guys/Gals are great at helping where we need help. Sometimes chiming in to on related items/subjects.

Thanks for listening!

Thanks for advising!

Thanks for suggesting, too!

DanR

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Identifying Parts

Thanks, guys. I will spread out the parts in my "unknown" box and hope someone can tell me what they are or if they even belong in my Sunbeam Alpine unknown parts box!

Rick

ralphy75

Donation Time
Hi all,
-I still don't know what Black unit in the middle is for.
-The 2 silver metal pieces look like window channel stoppers, but sunbeam doesn't have this. If they are mounted to the dashboard, who can show me where?

Thanks!