• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Who bought this car?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I suppose it all comes down to what a fellow needs. The top frame looks to be sound. Bumpers are not beat to Hell, headlight rings are good, windshield trim is not beat up, steering wheel and horn ring look okay. Cubby surround is still in one piece.

Some very usable parts.

Bill

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks like an original Motorola radio and possibly an OD transmission too. Nice early valve cover.
Lots of good bits on this car.
Yes, I would buy a bridge like that.....Eric

alpine_64

Donation Time
it is amazing that someone payed $800 for it

I thought it was a cheap buy.. i mean there are all the parts eric mentioned.. and also reversing lights... then consider inflation... this car for $800 in 66 years time.... :p

$_57.JPG

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I don´t care what anyone says, $800 is way too much to pay for what´s there. I agree with Mototron.

Jose

agmason54

Donation Time
Thats cheap.I just sold the back half of a parts car for that much ...
I see three grand in parts easy.
Slick Al

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
So, Al .... I gather it wasn't you that bought this heap? So who did? I wanna get in touch with the buyer.

Mark ..... volvoguys

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have no idea who bought it, but Mark: have you tried contacting the seller and asking him to put you in touch with the buyer?

Here's an idea: let's play a game. What does Mark see in this car? There is obviously something something there that a guy with tons of parts wants. Mark: If one of us guesses, will you tell us?

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Jim,

Yes, I was actually in touch with the seller during the auction asking if the car went unsold if he/she would be parting it out. I was quite shocked to see that it was, indeed, sold and the seller told me the sale was completed and the car was picked up. With a little detective work I was able to locate the seller and we've communicated.

I love games so if someone correctly guesses the bit that caught my attention I will confess.

Mark

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I love games so if someone correctly guesses the bit that caught my attention I will confess.

Mark

OK, I'll play. It is an interesting car and personally, I see well more than $800 worth of stuff on it. If it was close and I was interested in parting it out, I would pay that. One thing that caught my eye was the fact that not only did it have the early valve cover, but the oil filter suggests it has an early engine, too. But, the only thing of real interest I see is the OD switch on the steering column. The lack of an actual shift is troubling, but I am going to go with that as my official entry in the unofficial "What did Mark see?" contest.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Overdrive parts are always of interest. I did notice what somewhat appears to be an OD switch on the right side of the column cover but the PO said the car didn't have it (OD).

Saw the reversing lights, too, but they weren't what piqued my attention.

Mark

alpine_64

Donation Time
cant imagine it being the radio... maybe a customer that had a specific request for seats or soft top frame etc thats more comon...