• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Whitewall Tires

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello gang,

I have used a Firestone FR380 1 inch whitewall up till this year when they stopped making them in a whitewall. I have called every local store to see if they have a 13 inch tire in a whitewall just to be told no. Does anyone know of another brand that may have a whitewall. Coker has a 2 inch but I woudl prefer to have 3/4 or 1 inch.

Cheers,

alpine_64

Donation Time
Todd,

I knwo this sounds silly, but i believe that it was some store like costco or wallmart that was mentioned a while back as having 13" white walls with a 1" stripe.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I will check with those tomorrow. I will also check online tonight and see if they list them.

Thanks,

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Todd I think I have a new set I got last year-will check and let you know! Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Eric,

Any clue what name brand?? Two hours on the internet and no luck. We all should write Firestone and voice our opinion!

Eric,
I also met with Dave tonight about our show in March - we may be going to the Speedway after all! Mini will be the featured Marque

I NEED TIRES! HELP

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Todd,

I knwo this sounds silly, but i believe that it was some store like costco or wallmart that was mentioned a while back as having 13" white walls with a 1" stripe.

In a previous thread, I INCORRECTLY said Wal-mart had them, but WAL-MART HAS NO WHITEWALLS. :(

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
whitewalls

I bought a set of 165/80/13s right from Firestone store $40. apiece. The whitewall is only 3/4" though Granted it was last July and things may have changed since. Jeff

Q

Donation Time
alternate whitewall tire

These are on e-bay, identified from a later thread. Look acceptable.

Milestar MS75 Tires 175/80R13 from buywheelstoday in Ohio.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have a set of the milestar tires the white wall is no so good hard to clean and get white I have tried alot of things still not very white just sayin.

tigermany

Donation Time
Have a look for Maxxis Ma1 Grand Touring tires - here in Germany they easy to find - 165/80/13 looks perfect and they are good quality made.

Thomas