• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

what torque

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
The lower kingpins only wear if they are not regularly greased or water/dirt finds it's way into the assembly. Therefore I like the bicycle tube idea mentioned earlier. Partially you can use the Holland parts specifically the king pin bits, but not for the fulcrum bushes. I have changed towards rescuing originals as much as I can nowadays...

Bernd,

Is it the RPS threaded fulcrum bushes that should be avoided? I know their Metalastik style later fulcrum bushes used to be excellent but more recent stock has been oversize meaning they have to be turned down slightly before being fitted. So much of their stuff has been hit and miss over the years, it's always good to get feedback from those who have used specific items with success.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
When I checked that repro fulcrum pin sets I found to much play in between the bushes and the pin. Actually worse than the original set I wanted to replace. Another negative example is the eyebolt bush as described in this thread here:

https://www.sunbeamalpineowners.clu...sion-steering/series-3-trunnion-eyebolt-bush/

I know the owner of Rootes parts Holland personally and I 'm sure he is doing his best to serve the market with good parts but appearantly his suppliers often let him down. Nothing new with repro parts - check everything carefully before being installed...