• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

cdk84

Donation Time
What is the largest size 13, 14 or 15" wheel and tire combination that fits the Alpine without serious modification of the wheel well? And what offset will provide this fitment?

I would also be willing to roll the lips of the wheel wells to accommodate a wider than stock tire, I want want to stop short of flaring the fenders.

Is the different for front and rear? I would be happy with staggered wheels --wider in the rear-- if it meant getting more power to the ground.

My goals are handling first, and acceleration second with autocrossing a high priority.

Thanks very much in advance for sharing your experience with this.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
David,

I've got 15 x 5 1/2 Rota wheels on my Alpine. I didn't have to modify anything. Also have
185/55/15 Toyo Proxes tires on them , which are a nice driving tire. When I had the 15's
mounted and replacing the 13's that were on, they were just a bit taller than the 13's
were, but fill out the wheel wells so much better.
By the way, the Rotas and Toyo combination were very economical!
Cheers!
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 50

alpine_64

Donation Time
Without mods 6" front 7" rear but fromts need to have a shallow dish with the rim offset to the inside.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm running 7" wide front and rear P195 55 15's front and rear No clearance problems.

I did trim a tiny bit from the under side lips of the front fender ( from a point to about 1/2" width then down to another point triangle shape) for when making very sharpe turns.

Wheels are from Ron's Wheels 4bolt 4.25 108mm Same as Mustang.

Bought five wheels so I'd have a spare. Widened the wheel well for the spare to fit the wider tire and wheel on some of my V6 Conversions....

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I am running Rota 15x6 25mm off-set with 185/55-15 front and 15x7 20mm off-set with 205/50-15 in the rear. rear fenders are rolled and front valance trimmed just a little.
IMG_2915-L.jpg