• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What is your opinion?

bumper guards "Overriders"

• Total voters

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
I ran without over-riders for quite a while, and thought I liked it, but once I put them on, liked it much better.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I vote Yea! That means affirmative! In other words yes I like the overriders:)

P.S. Your project car is looking great!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Since this is in a modified section I'd say without.
Mostly because I don't like cleaning cars and cleaning around the bumpers and drying them is a pain in the butt.
As a matter of fact bumpers are a pain in the butt but it is still required to have a bumper on a car. It's highly unlikely that you'd get pulled over but if you do and you've had a couple beers.... Not that I would ever drink a couple beers and drive;)
On a stock car well I guess they should be there. On a personalized car I leave them off just because it's more money at the chrome shop for something that doesn't really override anything on a bumper that you can barely sit on and not make crooked.

Last edited:

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
The over-riders certainly don't provide any additional protection and, IMO, clutter up the appearance of a car with nice lines.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I like what I am hearing from both sides. Won't be able to decide until I get the bumpers back to see how the over-riders line up. Agreed that they are for looks. Thanks for all your input folks.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Keep it clean.
IMG_3676-X2.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
My Blue Boy has them. Now that I am putting the Red GT together I left off the over riders..... Looks very nice and clean

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have them on my cars because been to lazy to take off. I would not spend the extra dough to re chrome and install. Plus it's more time to clean and wipe around for a part with nearly 0 function. If you ever had a VW bug the over riders were a joke only offering protection from a shopping cart.... maybe.
These little Sunbeam ones are just cute, why even the colloquial name bumperettes is cute... ;)

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
"With" for early and late Series. Think I transformed here a bit over the recent years, because in my early Sunbeam days I used to run them even without the complete front bumper (aggressive sports look ?). Anyhow quite amazingly I just could find / buy a set of early NOS overriders here in Germany. Never seen any offered for the last 35 years and they'll make their way onto my HLM project :)

Last edited: