• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

West Coast Invasion 2018

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
When you get your new SAOCA calendar, be sure to block out May 17-21 for our 2nd WC invasion in Cambria California. Or show up for any part of that time frame. We're gonna have a good time.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
We'll be looking forward to you bringing the Orange Crate.
And time wise, hey we're giving you 8 months almost. It only took about 8 hours to assemble that car when it was new.

Says the almost 10 year project guy.

Will be great to have you along.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
The West Coast Invasion 2018 as previously stated, will once again be in Cambria, CA.

There are 15 rooms set aside at The Bluebird Inn. I would like to think we would need more. The least expensive rooms, a single Queen, if you're checking in on the evening of the 17th will run $319.77 for the three nights. They've given us a room rate of $95 a night plus taxes. Of course many of you will be checking in for F/S only, so should be cheaper. You must call direct for this rate, 805-927-4634 and give them the check in date, and ask for the Sunbeam Car Club rate. If any problem, just contact Bing or myself.

When you make your reservation, I would appreciate an email to jimjordanjr@verizon.net so I can put you in the WCI 2018 file.

I am getting jazzed already for this next meet. We seriously had a great time last year, well, I guess it's still this year, but you know what I mean.

More later.

bing

Donation Time
I wonder if any of our English cousins would like to join us. Perhaps an invitation on their web site. I believe Jeff Howarth comes to the US periodically. Now that indeed would be jolly.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Any idea of the schedule of events? Our daughter in laws' due date has been set back a week, so we might be able to make the show and hustle home. Or rather, to the hospital. But there is some time related confusion. Post #2 says to block out May 17-21. That's four nights. Post #5 says three nights, which means ending on the 20th.

Which should we plan on?

Bill

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Sorry guys, I have let Bing know that I am unavailable for this year, and have no updated information on this. Possibly Bing needs some help bringing this together and needs someone to volunteer to help with this.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Terrific news! My wife and I will be joining you. Not driving an Alpine, I am afraid. Will you allow me to attend if I bring a rented Mustang convertible? :)

bing

Donation Time
You won't be the first, or the last, to be driving incognito. This is cool. You are the president of our club, you live in New York, and you are trekking all this way to join us. You are in for a good time. It is a beautiful location. If I can be of assistance with info on logistics when you get to Calif. please send me a PM.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, Bing. I am looking forward to the trip and will send you a note re: logistics. See everyone soon!

bing

Donation Time
Greetings Invasionistas!
I am working on our program for this year's event. Would anyone like to conduct a tutorial like we had last year. You will recall we had a valve adjustment class and a hood adjustment class. Please advise so I can include it in our agenda. Up for consideration this year is a drive up the coast to the Ragged Point Inn for lunch Saturday, a visit to a glass blowing shop in the town of Harmony (population 18), and a DOWNHILL drive on the Santa Rosa Creek Road. If anyone has a suggestion or request for a particular activity please advise. Wine, beer, and appetizers will be provided Friday and Saturday.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Don't forget on the way home this invitation

"Checking in with you guys to remind you that Alpines attending the invasion in Cambria are invited to the Tigers United Concours on Sunday May 20. Our Tigers United headquarters is the historic Santa Maria Inn. The Concours starts at 8:30 at Cambria Winery (NOT located in city of Cambria) 5475 Chardonnay Ln, Santa Maria, CA 93454.

If you have any feel for how many might be interested, please let me know. We would be very pleased to see some Alpines join us."

bing

Donation Time
The second annual West Coast Invasion is history. And indeed it was good! Lodging at the Bluebird Inn was a significant improvement. We had 11 people and 4 cars with some unexpected cancellations shortly before the event. Some drove incognito since their cars are undergoing restoration. Bill Blue and wife Barbara drove all the way from Indiana! SAOCA president Jim Stone and wife Kathy flew in from New York and celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary! The enchanting town of Cambria provided its usual charm. It really is a a special place which is why so many car clubs choose this location.The Santa Rosa Creek road provided its usual challenge. Cooler weather made it more comfortable. A gorgeous ride up the coast to the Ragged Point Inn for lunch on Saturday was a treat. A stop on the way back at San Simeon Beach provided a view of at least 100 female and juvenile elephant seals. When the adult males show up it gets a little dicey. It really was a fun weekend and everyone who attends wants to return the following year. I will book reservations at the same location for 2019. Save the third weekend of May on your schedule, and please offer suggestions to make the event even more enjoyable. Photos will be posted within a day or two.
Ride on!
Bing Kunzig