• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

West Coast Invasion "2017 ???

Ashfried

Donation Time
Want to

I am very interested, but always it comes down to when and where... and how well the Sunbeam is running at the time.

When.... I am freelance, so cant fully commit, but will do everything I can to make it.

Where... In SFV, so Ojai, no problem. SLO, okay. Any further north is a stretch

Running... Usually not a problem, but we all know that can change without warning

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
2017 West Coast Invasion

Question: For us desert dwellers, what the heck is SLO? I will check with Dave Green in Tucson.....maybe we can get some of our Arizona contingent to go.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I think Cambria, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo are all great locations and would go to any of them. I am in Bakersfield Ca about 2 to 2.5 hour drive to any of these areas and can help if someone wants to stop over on the way, I can make room for a car or two and a bed or two. I hope we can make this work out, it would be nice to have an Invasion on this side.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
It's great to here from our West Coast members .... Ashfried, at this point I'm checking the amount of interest members out west have for a Invasion here ... I/we will try and make it as central to all interested members as we can and of course .. the best possible time of year (2017) ... All ideas are welcome on both location and time of the year.

Cactusmasher ... It would be great if members from all over the nation would consider this as a destination for an Invasion ... But not to draw members away from the Clubs Invasion for 2017 ... Probably a month or two after.

Toyanvil ... That's Great! .... Hoping there's enough interest to go past this initial stage. ... We've got a little place close to you ... east in Twin Oaks.

.... 426 views and counting ....

David

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Let me know next time you come up, we can eat at Keene café.
IMG_2677-L.jpg

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Will Do! .... I come up the 14 to the 58 w3st and pass it on the way up ... never stopped ... always make my first stop at T.O.G.S ... on Caliente Creek Road. ... It's our towns main hang spot for the local gossip! ... Haven't taken any of my Alp's up ... Our cabin is on a dirt road and I don't want to spend the time cleaning the crud off.:eek:

... David

Last edited:

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Okay ... Got some stat's (The Prez) ... Lots of us West Coast Owners ... Lets put a gathering together ... I have lot's of ideas ... Need some enthusiastic reply's from this side of the nation's owners .... We have a whole year to make this happen. ....

... David

bing

Donation Time
If California is selected then the central coast is a logical destination. Many car clubs have annual north/south meets and this is where they rendezvous. It is pretty much mid way between the L.A. area and the S.F. bay area. I would be willing to help do the leg work since I live here.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Figured I may as well chime in, 2017 sounds great to me here in California. I'm in Thousand Oaks area, so a little jaunt up the road would be pleasant.
Will be at the Queens English this Sunday 22nd. (If he gets out of the driveway this year. LOL) Looking forward to seeing y'all

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Good to here it Jim .... So far about a half a dozen possible participants ... We're thinkin' in the area of SLO but it's still a ways off and dependent on participation numbers ... We'll hope and see how it works out.

..... David

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I will be in LA the first weekend in June. If we can find a central location (like a cars and coffee) I'd be glad to meet with SoCal members and talk about this.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
I will be in LA the first weekend in June. If we can find a central location (like a cars and coffee) I'd be glad to meet with SoCal members and talk about this.

Hi Nick ... So that would be June 4th. and 5th.? .... I'll see if that works for the others that have volunteered to help organize it and check the wife's schedule and get back to ya"..... if not maybe we can speak on the tellie" or email.

.... David

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Due to my mother's health I would like to stay close to Redondo, Palos Verdes, Torrance South Bay area if possible. I don't get to LA as often as I should and need to spend as much time at the house as I can. If we could schedule an early meeting/ get together I'd appreciate it,

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Did you say Torrance

In Torrance and got a good handle on the events. Why they even let my driver P.O.S. piece of Sunbeam :cool: inside with the big boys at Shelby HQ . I would easily join in and know all the good spots and suspension busting roads in the hood. There is a nice 1 Sat. event in PV and the Ruby's at the Redondo pier a bottle cap toss from the bike path that runs from LAX to Torrance beach.

Oh by the way this area is 15 minutes from the freeway maybe 10 in early weekend conditions. Plan your route either around and thru Portugese bend or Palos Verdes drive which is much nicer than PCH thru Wilmington and Lomita.

PS Oueen's English was awesome 25 in our line up 19 Tigers

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
If it's going to happen, planning should start at least a year in advance.

We are finding that while it is important to start early in order to plan the event and get reservations, the actual work happens in the last month.

Bill

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
We are finding that while it is important to start early in order to plan the event and get reservations, the actual work happens in the last month.

Bill

Planning well in advance is critical. The more lead time the better. If everything is planned and in place well in advance then the 2 weeks prior to the event go much more smoothly. It also helps a great deal if several people are involved, each with specific assignments. P

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Is the cars and coffee the first Saturday at the peninsula center still running? We could meet there.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Hi Nick ... I don't think I can do this on the weekend ... to many other things happening ... kids and such ... Still would like to talk with you ... Hope your Mom is okay ... there the Best! ... I'll Pm you wit' my home phone .. I don't have a cell ..

.. David