• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

West Coast Invasion "2017 ???

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
2017?

Haven't seen any action on this thread for a while. I would just like to bring it back to the front and offer any assistance I can. I think this could be a good gathering, and I'm ready for it. I think SLO would be a great spot for it, and as you all know, time seems to get away, and plans need to be made.
So, Who's the final step-up person that's going to take charge, and let us peons know what needs to be done?

bing

Donation Time
I offered to help too but never heard back from anyone. I live on the central coast so it would be easy for me to look into making arrangements at a given location. A head count of those interested in participating would be nice.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
OK, how do we get this started? Bing and I have both volunteered to help. Both retired. I for one know nothing about how to start, but am willing to do whatever. (almost) Oh, I guess this is how you start. Light some fires.
So, we need: What? When? Where? Who?

mikephillips

Donation Time
West coast would be too far away for me to come or participate, I still have to work for a living.. But having done registration a few times for earlier Invasions and TE/AE Uniteds I'd be happy to share what I did and how I ran it for anyone doing that so you're not reinventing the wheel.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
We encourage all regions to jump start local invasions. Starts with a few guys and grows from there. Put your plan together and post it here. The Bylaws allow for some funds to be sent to offset some costs.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, looks like you two are "it". I've found that if you do something you like, others probably will enjoy it. Try to keep it simple.

Bill

bing

Donation Time
It looks as if Jim Jordan and I are interested in trying to get this off the ground. Mike Phillips could be a valuable asset given his experience. So Mike, at your convenience, could you share your experience with Jim and me? It would be most helpful.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
OK, just to start with, here's an email address just for this purpose.

sunbeaminvasion2017@gmail.com (sorry, had to change the address)

Let's just start with the assumption that we are going to do something around San Luis Obisbo. Let's assume we're talking late May, early June.
Check in on a Friday, Leave on a Sunday. Who's interested in that?
I don't know, Friday, check in meet people, Saturday, Show and Shine, Dinner, Sunday Breakfast, early morning run etc. Checkout early afternoon.

Besides answering here, please send affirmation to the above email address which will be just for this purpose. We need to get something started here.

Thanks, Jim.

Last edited:

bing

Donation Time
That's the usual format and time frame. I can take responsibility for researching various locations in the area.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Pm me with details. Let's get on the phone and let me know what the Board can do to support.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor

Like the idea of a gang bang on the Central Coast British at Ventura Harbor but sounds good . BTW lots of UK Tigers will be shipped in and headed up to Sacramento United see threads on CAT British are coming or on UK STOC

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Agenda, OK, since it's not going to be a car show, I neglected to suggest a Saturday drive also.

Warren, yeah, Ventura harbor is nice, close to me too. But too far away for some of our Northern friends.

OK, so I'm going to start: Put me down, I'll send my name address and contact information to;(Note different address) Promise I won't sell your information.:D

sunbeaminvasion2017@gmail.com