• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber DCOE40

Mag0152

Bronze Level Sponsor
Juste testing. Anybody interested in a twin Weber DCOE 40 setup complete with manifold and accelerator linkage hardware.

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK, I'll bite. That would be me.

Interesting this is in "Stock" Alpine....my kind of "Stock"...

DW

alpine_64

Donation Time
Juste testing. Anybody interested in a twin Weber DCOE 40 setup complete with manifold and accelerator linkage hardware.
should post a photo or name of manifold...there are several ..each with their own issues.

And what type of DCOE...there are codes on the top covers. It will identify their original spec and their progression hole location

Mag0152

Bronze Level Sponsor
376EE3D8-4CAF-4A00-A561-C08FD0BD34CE.jpeg Here is the picture
DCOE 40 type 151 made in Italy
Complete with manifold, linkage, etc.
Jetted for the 1725.
Were 1400us$ brand new

alpine_64

Donation Time
View attachment 27660 Here is the picture
DCOE 40 type 151 made in Italy
Complete with manifold, linkage, etc.
Jetted for the 1725.
Were 1400us$ brand new
There apoears to be a spacer plate in the foreground... What really needed is a photo or info on the manifold.. Is it a TWM manifold.. Is it a modified holbay one with angle corrected and the central V removed from mounting face... Warnerford, peirce manifold etc....

DCOE Manifolds for alpines ( especially LHD) are quite specific in their fitting requirements

Mag0152

Bronze Level Sponsor
Were installed on my defunt 1725 engine

Attachments

• 2EAF8FD4-5A2B-4B1E-83DB-571DC16627C9.jpeg
    2EAF8FD4-5A2B-4B1E-83DB-571DC16627C9.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 39

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Where does one acquire just the manifold for those? Never seen one like that before…

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have that 2020 set up installed on the Promotional Harrington Le Mans. It is not an easy install for left hand drive. You have to modify one of the steering box bolt heads and if you want to keep a fender brace installed a major modification needs to be done.

HLM Weber Linkage2.jpg

Goose neck
nb6emqs2.jpg No modification to steering box bolt. Still need major modification to fender brace.

Mag0152

Bronze Level Sponsor
Had it on my SV. Only one bolt ground on the steering box, no modification to the fender brace.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Had it on my SV. Only one bolt ground on the steering box, no modification to the fender brace.
I suspect if they were on the car when you got it the scuttle brace had already been repositioned or arced.

On an alpine there are only 2 manifolds that for either lhd or rhd don't require the removal or modification of the scuttle brace. Both are extremely short manifolds and require veey short velocity stacks on the webers.

The above is just a heads up for potential purchasers.

The setup you have looks like a good setup. The spacer plate is intersting.

Wish you luck with the sale and many happy growling hours of induction to the new onwer.

Mag0152

Bronze Level Sponsor
I suspect if they were on the car when you got it the scuttle brace had already been repositioned or arced.

On an alpine there are only 2 manifolds that for either lhd or rhd don't require the removal or modification of the scuttle brace. Both are extremely short manifolds and require veey short velocity stacks on the webers.

The above is just a heads up for potential purchasers.

The setup you have looks like a good setup. The spacer plate is intersting.

Wish you luck with the sale and many happy growling hours of induction to the new onwer.

It’s funny but the scuttle brace was not arced and no sign of rewelding or repositioning.

alpine_64

Donation Time
It’s funny but the scuttle brace was not arced and no sign of rewelding or repositioning.
Take a photo of the left side of the engine bay .. People move the loctaion of the brace mount further up the guard to clear the striaght weber manifold generally. Do you have a photo of the carbs when fitted to the car?

Mag0152

Bronze Level Sponsor
Take a photo of the left side of the engine bay .. People move the loctaion of the brace mount further up the guard to clear the striaght weber manifold generally. Do you have a photo of the carbs when fitted to the car?

The brace was removed for this photo but you can see the brackets for the brace which are in the original position

Attachments

• D83256AD-3FDC-4855-A931-D2485A162DCD.jpeg
    D83256AD-3FDC-4855-A931-D2485A162DCD.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 29

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
This is the installation of DCOE Webers with the exact same manifold. This is done without the spacer which would set the assembly even further into the stock fender brace. There is no way that a standard fender brace can be installed without significant modification. It is correct that the rear-inside steering box bolt needs modified.
upload_2022-12-19_14-10-53.png

My solution was to move the fender mount up and do a compound cut and weld to the brace arm at the mounting plates. When one looks at it after viewing stock fender braces it isn't typically noticeable by the untrained eye. However, there has been a significant modification. I choose this approach over the bending technique.

It isn't so much about shorter stacks (which would move your peak torque to lower RPMs), but, it is the rear carburetor's body.

Last edited: