• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weatherstrip Placement

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
I spent hours yesterday looking for info on installing and adjusting the windscreen and weatherstrip placement. Never got ANY love. The closest thing I found was the one excellant pic I re-posted. Thanks to whoevers thumb this is.

Does ANYONE have, or can take some good clear, well lit pics of the weatherstripping at the A posts all the way to the bottom of the dash.

Also good pics of how the dashpad is finished off on the ends.
And how the cowl to windshield frame looks, especially at the ends..

does the cowl rubber get trimmed at the edges of the center windshield bolt? Or is it just mashed flat under the bolt extension?
And does the interior roll of the cowl weatherstrip get a notch at the ends of the WS frame? Right under the bottom of the A-post?

The WSM skips this part completely and all these pieces were missing or in such poor shape we can't tell whats what and it's time to mount the windshield.
Thanks in advance for ANY help provided
Marty

Attachments

• Weatherstrip_1033.jpg
    Weatherstrip_1033.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 60

Nickodell

Donation Time
I spent hours yesterday looking for info on installing and adjusting the windscreen and weatherstrip placement. Never got ANY love.

That is known as the Alpine syndrome. (Al.pine.syn.drome. noun. Spending too much time with old English sports cars and not enough with one's near and dear.)

kmathis

Donation Time
I just finished putting on my Windshield and all of that, see the link below. You do need to trim the "bulb" on the seal in the center for that one mounting bolt...you can see on the picture.

For the dash pad ends; you can see that mine are not quite finished yet, however it is trimmed as it should be, the Furflex piping goes down that pinch weld and hides the trimmed ends on the dash pad there.

I also have a singe page of instructions from the Tiger Association for installing this seal, but could not attach it for some reason...send me your e-mail on a PM and I can attach it and send it to you. It is very helpful.

Hope these pictures help...:)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r9xcj0zulka2onh/bP33Rly9mc

JonPiz

Donation Time
re

I just finished putting on my Windshield and all of that, see the link below. You do need to trim the "bulb" on the seal in the center for that one mounting bolt...you can see on the picture.

For the dash pad ends; you can see that mine are not quite finished yet, however it is trimmed as it should be, the Furflex piping goes down that pinch weld and hides the trimmed ends on the dash pad there.

I also have a singe page of instructions from the Tiger Association for installing this seal, but could not attach it for some reason...send me your e-mail on a PM and I can attach it and send it to you. It is very helpful.

can I ask what they call the silver stuff you have lined the floor with

kmathis

Donation Time
That is Eastwoods version of Dyna-Mat, a sound and heat barrier. I am actually going to install Dyna-Liner on top of that for a higher resistance to heat transfer from the fire wall.:)

Bikesandfires

Donation Time

Yes they do!!! Thanks a bunch...Your car is SHARP...Details like these are what makes a good car GREATTT!!!

One more question for now....Do you also need to cut the "bulb" at the A-post? Or is it supposed to continue under the window frame all the way to the back edge?

Thanks,
Marty

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
WOW!!! I just noticed how badly I botched the title of the thread...I hope it doesn't hurt the chances of the next person that needs to search for this same info....
Mods, is there any way to correct it?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mods, is there any way to correct it?

Can't you just change it by editing your initial posting? I've corrected it in mine, for example.

On edit:
Oh, yeah... you're not a contributor, so you can't edit your posts after you make 'em... forget the above. A moderator will have to change it.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Can't you just change it by editing your initial posting? I've corrected it in mine, for example.

On edit:
Oh, yeah... you're not a contributor, so you can't edit your posts after you make 'em... forget the above. A moderator will have to change it.

I've never been able to edit a thread title. I don't even try. Within a thread, no problem.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
can I ask what they call the silver stuff you have lined the floor with

Another great item to sound proof and reduce heat is called: Lizard Skin

Expensive but great stuff.

I covered my entire inside ('76SV) during restoration project with Lizard Skin then as an overkill added the DynaMat or Eastwood's smialr product. Sure makes the Sunbeam sound quite!

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Kelly, those are very good photos.

The only thing you didn't show was the cap at the top of the weatherstripping. I don't think they're available anymore, but here's what they look like:

xc4lc.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
CAT sells a rubber A-post cap, but they do not have the metal inserts as the original.. you just glue them on.

I managed to get some good originals after a very long search.. most originals are hard/cracked or shrunk.... get the CAT ones.