• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted

Limey

Donation Time
Hi All
Does anyone have an HA oil cooler base for a 1600cc to sell? Nice to have the hoses and matrix as well but it's the base I really need. Many Thanks. Oliver

Ps I'll post this on the racers forum

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
If you could show a pic of one, you may get lucky. I have lots of parts in totes that I'm not sure what they are.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi All
Does anyone have an HA oil cooler base for a 1600cc to sell? Nice to have the hoses and matrix as well but it's the base I really need. Many Thanks. Oliver

Ps I'll post this on the racers forum
For a matrix I think it is as MGB’s and MGC’s that had oil coolers that were similar.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
So the s5 type will work

v-e,

The sV oil cooler adapter will only work with a spin-on filter base.

The walls and chambers are different in the canister filter base. The gaskets don't match and can't seal in a mix-match state. Also, the early unit doesn't appear to have the cold oil bypass spool valve.

Limey is trying to achieve a factory correct build. Just a bit of a challenge.

Hope this helps,

Don

Limey

Donation Time
Thanks All for the responses. Don is right. I am hoping that someone out there upgraded to a spin on filter and still has the old base. I could have one machined but the cost would be mad.

Oliver