• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted to Convert S3GT to S3ST

ALC 68A

Donation Time
My 1963 S3GT (located in the UK) is being restored and converted to a soft top. I have the centre hood bin panel (less the hinges), but need the rest of the parts. Does anyone have any or all of the following for sale please:

1. LH (x1) & RH (x1) centre hood bin hinges and pivot bolts. LH are parts 201 and 202 on Plate D, Section YX of the factory parts list.
2. LH & RH side hood bin cover panels - S3 or SIV with the full length chrome trim piece. Unfortunately the SI/SII type with the short chrome piece won't fit.
3. The front and rear pivot bolts for the side panels - parts 340 (x2) and 341 (x2) on Plate D, Section YX of the parts list.
4. S3/IV soft top frame and hinges.

I will of course pay a fair price and shipping cost to the UK.

Many thanks.

Steve Grant (ALC 68A)

alpine_64

Donation Time
Disclosure of vested interests

Steve,

Eric g (65sunbeam)
Albert mason (agsmason)
Robert jaarsman ( jaars)

Might be able to help you with the parts you need. I have no association with these guys other than having bought parts from them in the past and found them to be reasonable to deal with and fairly priced.

It should be comon etiquette to disclose any vested interest in selling parts... you will note the offer in this thread has the same user name and location as the sellerof the parts they mention on eBay... also the photos listed for the parts give you no clear indication of condition.... draw your own conclusions :cool:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Surrey

Why search out of UK . Sounds like you are in the same area as the STOC grand poo bah Graham of the UK Tiger website. Then there is a CAT vendor in UK Jeff H.

I would not like my full name posted on the internet that's why I don't use Fakebook.

Car parts are nice to buy and sell till you get to the point where profits become too important.

65beam

Donation Time
wanted

A picture is worth a thousand words! saves a lot of typing time on both ends.

alpine_64

Donation Time
A picture is worth a thousand words! saves a lot of typing time on both ends.

This is one of the few times I wholeheartedly agree.

If someone posts a picture that is not useful, not clear or focused, is hiding esomething or is poorly framed or cuts off things, or is just posting something for the sake of it, chances are that's representative of what they would be contributing if they wrote it .... a very good point indeed.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Michael,
They're already sold. the photos must be OK.

If they are already sold why are they still listed as an active auction with 5 days to go??

Are you lying to us on the forum or the people bidding on eBay???? Once again... I guess dodgy photos say a lot about people.

Buyer beware

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160602-122322~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20160602-122322~2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20160602-122202~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20160602-122202~2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 19

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Insulting

How about keeping the political insults, or feeble attempt at finding common ground to the rants and raves section. Just cause I'm a willing prisoner on the Left Coast doesn't mean I like it.

Either offer to sell your parts to someone or direct him where he can find them. I guess this forum likes the recurring train wreck of miss directed threads, me not so much.

But back to the topic of the thread, I saw a GT Tiger at Woodley and would rather not have all the BS involved with the clunky Sunbeam top, I'm totally amazed that anyone would add a top to a car built as a GT, but I don't live in UK Surrey, but I'd love to visit :D

alpine_64

Donation Time
Steve,

While you are better off buying the whole lot for the St conversion from 1 car if you are trying to find the bits separately the parts you were directed to on eBay are available from sunbeam specialities new repro .

Part AT67 this is 19.85 for the pair and includes pivot screws as well as ball sockets. Better value and you get to return if not to standard

CHROME SCREWS FOR METAL CONVERTIBLE TOP BOOT COVER INCLUDES 2 BALL SOCKETS AND 2 CHROME PIVOT SCREWS WITH SHOULDERS. SET OF FOUR.

Have you tried the UK soc forum ? Lots of guys breaking cars local to you. ( As in UK)

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hey Steve Grant, this is Paul Scofield of Henderson, NV. I'm off the 215 and Eastern.
Don't worry about those parinoid of the web, anyone can find you, with or without your first or last name. I did 26 years in the joint, thrust me, hiding does no good for someone that really wants you. Some of us sound like we practice what we preach, but they don't, they hide behind children's or wives names on FB and snoop. Then they tell everyone how evil it is. They are actually dieing to join us!

Like the King said, SS carries them. I am actually bidding on pieces as the Chrome shop lost mine! I have a couple other sources and will back off if you need them. No sense in running each other up.

Cheers from Sunny Henderson. Pool is perfect and the water just right.

Last edited:

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
I still can't believe they gave you 26 years for failure to pay fines on overdue books at the library!

Mike

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Lot's of different opinions on GT vs. ST. For me, GT doesn't make sense, but then again, I live in Cleveland, OH where it can be nice and sunny one minute, and pouring down rain the next (certainly later that day if you want to go someplace). In California, probably works fine.

Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Steve (Grant), Just sent you a PM. Just remembered that I bought what you are asking for a couple years ago for one of my cars. I believe it fits a series I, II, Or III It is in relatively good condition. Boxed and stored away! Will have to pull out to see if it is all there. Send email if interested and I'll send you some PIC's.

DanR

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

I can tell you it doesn´t work in California either. In the summer time, the sun can fry you in fifteen minutes, so my top was always up until the sun went down. Also when you drive to different parts of the country, you´re bound to run into rain or snow along the way. When I drove from So. Cal. to Washington, there was a lot of sun and also a lot of rain. When it would begin to rain as we drove along, we´d stop under a bridge and put up the top.

Lot's of different opinions on GT vs. ST. For me, GT doesn't make sense, but then again, I live in Cleveland, OH where it can be nice and sunny one minute, and pouring down rain the next (certainly later that day if you want to go someplace). In California, probably works fine.

Mike

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor

Mike

Remember...........I took the whole bookmoblie......at gunpoint!

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
I might have an extra set of the pivot bolts and ball sockets ... will have to look! ... I bought a replacement set from S.S. and was very nice ... the ones on Greedbay are still listed by someone in Ohio using the ID of 65beam ... JFYI!

.... David

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Found 'em....

... I'd still buy 'em repo as the threads on the orig.s are worn... 20 bucks ain't bad ... not sure if the the early hardware is different from the later hardware as i see some discrepancies in the dimensions.... here's some pic.s

.... David

second pic is S.S.'s .. slot head ... thrid pic. of orig. phil's head

Attachments

• cover bolts 001.jpg
    cover bolts 001.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 15
  • cover bolts 002.jpg
    cover bolts 002.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 16
  • cover bolts 003.jpg
    cover bolts 003.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 15

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
How about keeping the political insults, or feeble attempt at finding common ground to the rants and raves section. Just cause I'm a willing prisoner on the Left Coast doesn't mean I like it.

Either offer to sell your parts to someone or direct him where he can find them. I guess this forum likes the recurring train wreck of miss directed threads, me not so much.

But back to the topic of the thread, I saw a GT Tiger at Woodley and would rather not have all the BS involved with the clunky Sunbeam top, I'm totally amazed that anyone would add a top to a car built as a GT, but I don't live in UK Surrey, but I'd love to visit :D

Hi Warren ... It really depends on your position .. North or South facing? .. on your belly or in the prone position ... I love it here .. though not crazy 'bout most political stances in this state ... didn't Ohio run with the current commander in chief? ... as my dear ol' Dad would have said ... "Opinions are like rear ends, They all look a little different .. but what comes out of most is the same ol' ....... crud!:D

.... David