• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted: Alpine Series II parts

ColinMullaney

Donation Time
Hi, I have a 1962 Alpine and am looking for the following parts

-armrest/console piece
-speedometer
-oil pressure gauge
-fuel gauge
-Steering wheel and column cover
-soft top side bows where the door glass meets the soft top. (Cantrails?)
-retaining strip(s?) that attach the bottom of the soft top to the car body.
-soft top storage hinged side covers, I have the large central seat back cover
-dash switch surrounds (lights, wipers,blower, panel/map)
-Convertible top (black)
-Carpet set (black)
-rear tail light lenses
-rear license plate light with lens
-gas cap and surround
-wiper blades
-gear shift knob
-temperature lever knob
-hoses from heater box to defrost fittings
-front hood/ bonnet release handle

Attachments

• 555 Hood fitting_LI.jpg
    555 Hood fitting_LI.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 8F6E14ED-C6E6-40B1-B2BC-D71418A63A84_LI.jpg
    8F6E14ED-C6E6-40B1-B2BC-D71418A63A84_LI.jpg
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 549 Rear hood_LI.jpg
    549 Rear hood_LI.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    262.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4726_LI.jpg
    IMG_4726_LI.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Sone of the parts, especially trim are available new repro from parts suppliers, sunbeam specialties and classic sunbeam, same with lenses.

Other parts am sure members will contact you, but try pm to 65sunbeam or jaars

ColinMullaney

Donation Time
Sone of the parts, especially trim are available new repro from parts suppliers, sunbeam specialties and classic sunbeam, same with lenses.

Other parts am sure members will contact you, but try pm to 65sunbeam or jaars

Thanks, I’ll order what I have to and hope I can find all the other parts that aren’t offered by suppliers. I think the hardest pieces to find will be the hood side supports for the soft top frame. Are they called cantrails? I also expect to have trouble finding the trim that secures the soft top bottom to the rear of the car and the side covers that hinge. I have the larger hinging seat back but not the smaller side covers.

I also understand the proper gas cap is very hard to find.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The soft top retaining strip will be easy to find, just know that si/ii is different to the later cars.

The cantrials are hard to.find...but not 100% needed.

The metal side covers for the top are also not to hard to find but si and sii are detail difference but will fit... S3 onwards wont.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I think I have a S2 Speedo out in the shop. Have a few of the switch surrounds, but not a complete set.
I have a friend that has a steering column cover and may have some of the other S2 parts you're looking for.

By the way, Michael is right on target , some of what you need is available new from either
CS or SS.
I'll check what I have and PM you later .
Cheers!
Steve

ColinMullaney

Donation Time
I think I have a S2 Speedo out in the shop. Have a few of the switch surrounds, but not a complete set.
I have a friend that has a steering column cover and may have some of the other S2 parts you're looking for.

By the way, Michael is right on target , some of what you need is available new from either
CS or SS.
I'll check what I have and PM you later .
Cheers!
Steve

Thanks Steve, I appreciate it and look forward to hearing from you.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not at all sure if I wasted my time digging out parts for Colin or not. Have what you said you wanted and with out response back to storage they go!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I spent much time gathering the parts he needed on his list a week ago and sent photos of all of them and priced them with fair prices and he did reply back once or twice but implied that he was trolling other members selling parts for the best price I imagine. Colin-early Alpine parts are not easy to find let alone finding anyone to sell them and mail them to Canada as well. Lesson learned on my part. Eric

ColinMullaney

Donation Time
Thanks for writing gentlemen, I’m sorry I haven’t gotten back to you yet. I should have kept in touch better. Life, family and business is very busy here but that is the case for most of us. I have been able to find a few parts from someone local and am waiting until next weekend to hear from another fellow. I should have kept you posted. I appreciate your efforts and will send you messages as soon as I know more.

Thanks,
Colin