• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted: 1 front brake rotor 1963 series 3 9.5"

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I need a brake rotor (rusty is fine) for a 1963 series 3 alpine 9.5" inches Diameter. I Have 2- 10" rotors if anyone needs them

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
I converted my series III to wilwood tiger brakes l have the complete series III front suspension as l updated my car to a series 5 with the big brakes

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
I need a brake rotor (rusty is fine) for a 1963 series 3 alpine 9.5" inches Diameter. I Have 2- 10" rotors if anyone needs them

According to WSM-124, the rotor diameters were 9.5" for S-I & S-II Alpines and 9.85" for S-3 Alpines.

WSM-145 (for S-V Alpines) shows "Front brakes-diameter" as 10.3", but I am pretty sure that the rotor diameter on S-IV and S-V Alpines (and Tigers) was the same as S-3 Alpines at 9.85".

Last edited:

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Like the ad says, I already HAVE 2- 10"(maybe 9.85" rotors, and NEED 1- 9.5". If no one has a 9.5 reasonably cheap, I'm thinking to have the 10(9.85) turned down to 9.5". can this be done ?

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
this is a 1963, "series 3". came with 9.5" rotor on the Drivers side with caliper, and a 9.85 on the pass side and NO Caliper. I got and rebuilt the caliper for the pass side, then went to" install" and found the rotor to be too large in diameter. nothing on this car seems to agree with all known usual parts.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Did you find your rotor? I'm pretty sure I have one.
Tom
If you Have a 9.5, usable, How much delivered to 34470 ?
According to WSM-124, the rotor diameters were 9.5" for S-I & S-II Alpines and 9.85" for S-3 Alpines.

WSM-145 (for S-V Alpines) shows "Front brakes-diameter" as 10.3", but I am pretty sure that the rotor diameter on S-IV and S-V Alpines (and Tigers) was the same as S-3 Alpines at 9.85".

"THIS" Series 3 Alpine has 9.5". everything on this car seems to be "ODD" ! LOL

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Did you find your rotor or your metal soft top cover? I have both.
Tom
STILL NEED A 9.5" ROTOR, HAVEN'T BROUGHT the 10" TO THE MACHINE SHOP TO BE "TURNED DOWN" YET. I could use a front "header" for the soft top (part that bolts to the windshield frame top). let me know. I'm Located in Fla 34470 Lou

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Did you find your rotor or your metal soft top cover? I have both.
Tom

STILL NEED A 9.5" ROTOR, HAVEN'T BROUGHT the 10" TO THE MACHINE SHOP TO BE "TURNED DOWN" YET. I could use a front "header" for the soft top (part that bolts to the windshield frame top). let me know. I'm Located in Fla 34470 Lou

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
It would be very easy to turn down the rotor you have, most machine shops can do it. I can turn it for you, but I think shipping would be more then having it done in your town. I always thought the off-set was also different from early to late cars.
rotor-XL.jpg

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
It would be very easy to turn down the rotor you have, most machine shops can do it. I can turn it for you, but I think shipping would be more then having it done in your town. I always thought the off-set was also different from early to late cars.

I recall seeing something several years ago about the rotor offset / hub diameter / bolt pattern being different for early (S-I / II) and late (S-3 / IV / V) Series Alpines, but I cannot find any definitive information. The stub axle carriers (aka, spindles or uprights) hubs and calipers are different between early and late cars, so ... I would carefully compare the 9.85" rotor to a 9.5" rotor before reducing the rotor O.D.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I know all series hubs are the same, I have a set of later series on my series 2 that I re-drilled to 4 x 4.5.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
the rotor bolts on, it's just to big in Diameter to let the caliper slip all the way on . car May be a 1964, not '63.

Gumby

Donation Time
Still looking? I have 2 Series II front brake rotors, 2 Spindles, and 2 calipers (needing rebuilding). These are off of a Series II Alpine.