• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Want to buy- 1960-1963 Alpine with Hardtop (Series 1 or 2)

RobinRob

Bronze Level Sponsor
Are you thinking of selling and want a great home for your car?
I have admired Alpines for years and years and now I'm finally ready to buy.
Need solid chassis and body. I would like stock running gear with a hard top and clear title.

I will take excellent care of the car. My husband is a decent hobby mechanic (cared for his 1969 Porcshe 912 for decades).

Please contact me - robinrob@comcast.net
Thanks so much!
~Robin

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Welcome Robin. I live in the Spokane area (Mead). I have every series Alpine and some rare production models. The Pacific Tiger Club (PTC http://www.pacifictigerclub.com/) is a wonderful organization with most participants on the West side of Washington State. In the recent newsletter there was an ad for a Series II with hardtop I will provide a personal message via this site with the contact information.
Cheers
Jerry

alpine_64

Donation Time
Robin,

Find a good car.. A series I/II hardtop will not be to hard to source... Focus on a good straight car.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Jim, Looks like the front end is sitting a little high. Maybe new or wrong springs? Other than that it does look really nice.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The car also looked familiar to me, which is one reason I advised caution. I feel like I’ve seen that engine bay before.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, Steve. I knew it looked familiar and my first thought was that it was one of Bill's cars, but it didn't seem to have enough chrome to qualify as one of his. :)

RobinRob

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes, I did bid on that car in BAT! Did not want to go to $33K - now regreting that a little? The car listed on automotive4sale.com (and some other sites) is the same car and a scam. Three times now I have followed up with seemingly too good to be true ads that are scams. They tell you the car is already in the hands of the shipping agent and you can receive the car with a 5 day approval. But of course you've put your money in a "trust" and you never actually get the car or see your money again. Shameless people.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
It is certainly an interesting car. Someone spent a lot of money on the seats and door panels, and appears to have skimped everywhere else. I have never seen anything like the mirror in the clock hole and what is up with the fuse panel in the glovebox? Still, I doubt it will bring a lot of money at auction and it could be a good start if it is solid. Maybe one of our local members could go check it out?

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, I did bid on that car in BAT! Did not want to go to $33K - now regreting that a little? The car listed on automotive4sale.com (and some other sites) is the same car and a scam. Three times now I have followed up with seemingly too good to be true ads that are scams. They tell you the car is already in the hands of the shipping agent and you can receive the car with a 5 day approval. But of course you've put your money in a "trust" and you never actually get the car or see your money again. Shameless people.
Keep looking for a solid car, they are out there if you find one put a message out to the club chances are that someone will live near the car and have them check it out!