• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Walleye 1000 Vintage Rally 2012 - June 9th-10th

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
I received an email about this Walleye Rally, I can't make it but wanted to share the info in case anyone else is interested and wasn't on their mailing list. Seems a little expensive but includes lodging and sounds fun. Is anyone planning on attending? How about the Intermarque Spring Kick-Off Car Show in downtown Osseo on Saturday, May 12 he mentions?

--------------------------

Hello potential Walleye 1000 Vintage Rally participants, please check out the email below for updated information and a few changes to the Walleye 1000 Vintage Rally.

Sign up soon! The event is NOW LIMITED to 30 cars and 60 people. Print the application, write your check, send it in if you want to come along!

Be sure to scroll all the way down to see the whole email!

SPRING EVENT UPDATE!
Walleye 1000 Vintage Rally
Saturday and Sunday, June 9 and 10, 2012

Things are are progressing nicely as the Walleye 1000 draws near. There are some important developments to report... see below! Be sure to SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN!

Open to interesting classic, sports and grand touring cars model year 1979 and older.

- The event is NOW LIMITED TO 30 cars / 60 people. So send in your applications TODAY! Logistics, meals and accommodations were too cumbersome with a potential 50 cars and 100 people, so, the number was reduced.

- Entry fee REDUCED to $249 per team! As a result, rally participants will pay for their own dinner Saturday evening.

- We've got a great Saturday dinner venue lined up at a newly renovated classic lake country supper club. The restaurant is excited to have us and will block off parking for an advertised 'impromptu vintage car show' (one particular Walleye participant had a lot to do with the complete rennovation and remodel of this Brainerd Lakes area destination and made it all possible). Instead of trying to coordinate meals wedding style, you'll order whatever you want and pay your own tab.

- Accommodations are all set, we have a block of rooms at a hotel about 15 miles from the restaurant. Again, send in your applications NOW to ensure you get a spot on the inagural Walleye 1000!

- This Winter and Spring we've been busy criss-crossing backroads throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin, racking up a lot of miles, mapping the route, noting odometer readings, planning as best we can to ensure a fun and smooth event.

- One friend of the Walleye 1000 has volunteered to act as a sweeper in his 3/4 ton Suburban with empty (at least at the start) car trailer in tow, available, if needed, to help the needy to the next bit of civilization in case of a catostrophic mechanical failure... What a guy!

Visit www.walleye1000.com for event info and to download a REVISED Participant Application!

Apply early so you get a spot, and so we can finish all the planning sooner than later. Applications must be in by May 14, 2012.

Contact Event Organizer: Dave Tobin
(651) 216-1265 | dave@daveknowscars.com

I will be attending the Intermarque Spring Kick-Off Car Show in downtown Osseo on Saturday, May 12 from 10:00 - 3:00pm. Just two days before the entry deadline, the event may be full by then, but stop by to say hello, I'll have additional event information there.

“Check your tires, check your oil, check your ego at the starting line and let’s go!â€

zimme008

Silver Level Sponsor
Walleye 1000

Will any of you out there be participating in the rally this weekend? I've heard from one other Sunbeam owner from Chicago that is planning to drive up for it.

It looks like the weather should be good. I plan to drive over from Duluth and join the group for dinner Saturday night.

Randy Z.
Duluth, MN

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
I am not entered, but it turns out I will be in the Twin Cities this weekend, maybe I can find some time to stop by and check out some cars.

bohemianway

Donation Time
Maybe the local talent could get together Saturday at the Anoka car show. Dan usually brings his and I try to show up. It is from 5:00 to about 8:00 P.M. (It is $3 for non-residents). Maybe Jack Bacon can get out the word like last year.

Charles